Reptile Forums banner

Abanndonned Advice

1K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  TAXI 
#1 ·
hi all so I was considering taking in this lil abandonned king snake and well the guy decided to leave it on my door and make up my mind for me lol so i gave him/her a mouse last night and fresh water he/she ate the mouse had a long soak and shed over night! however i am still a little bit concerned it is underweight i may be over reacting but i may not i have tried to take a pic or 2 just so you all can give me some advice but did not want to over stress it it is very very nervous but has not tried to strike me yet even tho i gave its head a stroke it rattled a bit but didnt try anything anyway heres the pics any advice welcome his new viv is being done up now and a cover for the glass one hes in will be bought tomorrow allthough its lived in this tank all its poor life so far so RFUK meet Citrus :flrt:

See less See more
#3 ·
Its a lovely looking snake and tbh it doesnt look terribly under weight from that pic. Good luck what ever you decide ! : victory:

#7 ·
Aww, well done you for doing good by him. :welcome1: Citrus, you are very beautiful and have a fab new home.

#10 ·
What a little beauty! Good luck to you both ;)

#16 ·
wow thats a relief i will pop it up for a vet check in a month or 2 just wanna let it settle in maybe get used to me a little more before that however obviously will go sooner if anything appears wrong but its an active lil so and so doesnt stop lol and although shy when eating is eating will try and clean it out in a few days put it on paper for a bit maybe just to watch for mites

#18 ·
like i say i still wasnt sure if i was gonna and deffo wasnt till i had a viv ready but poor little kid got dumped on me not that ima complain hes lovely and im soooooooo happy that he didnt even attempt to bite me before was nervous no doubt but not any signs of actuall agression so i shud be able to tame him or her down nicely :flrt: and aint it perty hehe just need to find someone to sex it for me any1 near Barrow-in-Furness? :flrt:

#19 ·
Hes gorgeous!!! Mabey you should get him checked out by a vet, just to make sure he doesnt have anything...

Aww he's so cute!!! Wsa that the bowl he was abandoned with??

Hi Citrus!!! :welcome1: to the forums!! lol

#20 ·
If anything, I would say slightly overweight rather than under :) The dip for the spine is nothing to worry about as that is the shape colubrids really should be ( shaped like a slice of bread in cross section ).

But there are definate creases on the inside of the curves and there does appear to be some signs of skin between the scales in areas that are not on the outside of curves... if the snake is straight, then the scales should fit together with no skin showing.

I would not have said it was anything to worry about though as long as he is not overfed :D

#21 ·
Look's fine to me , got 4 king's myself once his settled he be really friendly all mine r: victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.