My baby retic died 😞 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 02-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Egg
Default My baby retic died 😞

My baby retic died a few days ago. She seemed fine and was eating great. My feeding schedule was every two weeks because i wanted her to grow slower, and not get too big too quickly. She did get a lump in her tail from not pooping but ive had this problem before and i just started soaking her and spraying her cage more, and the humidity was low because she was on paper towels as my collection does have mites at the moment but im currently treating them. She never had too many and she shouldnt have died from them. Her temps were 88 to 90 degrees farenheit. I checked on her and she was barely alive, being very limp and corkscrewing her head. My roommate pointed out a lump where her heart should be and i have a suspicion that she had an enlarged heart. Maybe i stressed her out with soaking her, i dont think thats the case because she never acted too worried about being in water. I also noticed a while back she didnt have a lot of power in her lower end towards her tail and vent, but she was so small i thought she just didnt have a lot of strength there yet. And she could still move so i didnt think anything was broken either. I have no clue what killed her. If anyone knows or has an idea id appreciate hearing it. I have no pictures of her lump. I already buried her. Please, someone help me with understanding why she died. I really think it was the enlarged heart thing, but im not 100 percent sure. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2018, 01:18 PM
Egg

Her cool side was 80, hot was 88 to 90. My bad
Old 02-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Forum Citizen

Hey,

Sorry for your loss.

Without some sort of post-mortem I dont think you'll ever know for sure.

I thought of a couple of questions when reading your post.
- Was she a morph - some morphs have been reported to have problems (e.g. neurological or intestinal)
- Were you using a mite spray on her?

Sorry again for your loss,
Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2018, 01:36 AM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid85 View Post
Hey,

Sorry for your loss.

Without some sort of post-mortem I dont think you'll ever know for sure.

I thought of a couple of questions when reading your post.
- Was she a morph - some morphs have been reported to have problems (e.g. neurological or intestinal)
- Were you using a mite spray on her?

Sorry again for your loss,
Sid
She was sold to me as a sunfire. And i was using the natural chemistry mite spray but she hadnt had contact with it for a qwel or so maybe more
Old 03-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Forum Citizen

I'm not sure I can add much more.

You will probably never know the cause for certain.

Sid