What did you all get from the donny show?? - Page 7 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 03-05-2019, 11:42 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
The main issue with the forum is that the software is now very dated an lacks features like image attachments and media embedding that more up to date software has. I've lost count how many times I've advised people how to upload an image via a album. - its a clunky way of doing things, and makes the use of the forum frustrating
I agree with this it is a bit of a pain..its do-able..but it is a pain. Could this not be sorted out somehow? I dont understand software etc so I might sound stupid but is there no way of updating the forum so you can upload a photo direct without using photo bucket etc??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 09:35 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnell182 View Post
I agree with this it is a bit of a pain..its do-able..but it is a pain. Could this not be sorted out somehow? I dont understand software etc so I might sound stupid but is there no way of updating the forum so you can upload a photo direct without using photo bucket etc??

TapaTalk is amazing for uploading photos in seconds..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
farnell182 and richardhind like this.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:36 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to ashbosh Send a message via Skype™ to ashbosh

I came here looking for peoples pictures of new purchases :-(

Tapatalk lied to me on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
farnell182 likes this.
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2019, 11:45 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbosh View Post
I came here looking for peoples pictures of new purchases :-(

Tapatalk lied to me on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was supposed to have been, but it turned into a thread about why there aren't any!
farnell182 and Jewel like this.
Old 20-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Super Regular

As this kinda meandered into a "this place is dying" thread I'd just like to say a thank you to all members who have contributed their knowledge and experiences. I am a new member (joined around October last year) and this place was and still is invaluable to me when I was researching kingsnakes. It's such a peace of mind to talk to experienced keepers rather than reading than care sheets by online retailers trying to sell their (often) crappy products or watching those mostly god awful "pettubers" videos. I've also been inspired to learn about all sorts of reptiles and have just applied to volunteer at a zoo. I'm positive this place has saved countless reptiles from bad husbandry and likely death due to it. So again, a huge thank you from the newbies trying to wade through all the bad advice on the internet!
sar102, Demonique, ian14 and 8 others like this.
Old 21-05-2019, 01:32 AM
Postaholic Member

Nice post !!

Old 02-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
TapaTalk is amazing for uploading photos in seconds..

I will try this. Thankyou
Old 02-06-2019, 01:26 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatatas View Post
As this kinda meandered into a "this place is dying" thread I'd just like to say a thank you to all members who have contributed their knowledge and experiences. I am a new member (joined around October last year) and this place was and still is invaluable to me when I was researching kingsnakes. It's such a peace of mind to talk to experienced keepers rather than reading than care sheets by online retailers trying to sell their (often) crappy products or watching those mostly god awful "pettubers" videos. I've also been inspired to learn about all sorts of reptiles and have just applied to volunteer at a zoo. I'm positive this place has saved countless reptiles from bad husbandry and likely death due to it. So again, a huge thank you from the newbies trying to wade through all the bad advice on the internet!
Oh I absolutely dont doubt this. The forum has an amazing wealth of knowledge between the members. 10 years I've been on this forum though and the change has been immense. It's a shame. Facebook pages etc play a part but they're also full of idiots alot of the time (not all). Whereas on here if I ever needed advice I would always ask and get proper replies from people more experienced than myself.

I'm not sure how long you have been on this forum but imo it's still the place I'd ask for advice if needed. My chat on here has been about how 8/9/10 years ago if there was a show and you asked for pics of new purchases the thread would be full!! Its just how times change I suppose..
Demonique and Zincubus like this.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:29 AM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnell182 View Post
Oh I absolutely dont doubt this. The forum has an amazing wealth of knowledge between the members. 10 years I've been on this forum though and the change has been immense. It's a shame. Facebook pages etc play a part but they're also full of idiots alot of the time (not all). Whereas on here if I ever needed advice I would always ask and get proper replies from people more experienced than myself.

I'm not sure how long you have been on this forum but imo it's still the place I'd ask for advice if needed. My chat on here has been about how 8/9/10 years ago if there was a show and you asked for pics of new purchases the thread would be full!! Its just how times change I suppose..

Iím hoping that this forum keeps going and even gets busier ..

Demonique and farnell182 like this.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:55 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Iím hoping that this forum keeps going and even gets busier ..

Me too mate I genuinely do. I sold up my reptile collection a few years ago now. But I still pop onto the forum for a browse now and again.

I'm looking into potentially getting a tegu at some point. Nothing decided yet i used to mainly keep snakes so big lizards is pretty new to me I've had a bosc before but only the one and he was very tame so didnt have to deal with any aggressiveness. I will need help and advice on that if I go for it and I wont hesitate to ask on here if I need to!!

I think the difference between here and Facebook is you have to sign up to RFUK so you have an interest to start with. On Facebook anybody can join onto a group. The forum has a membership base where you get to learn who's who who to ask for what advice on which reptile etc whereas Facebook hasnt got that option.

Yes there are people on the Facebook groups with a hell of a lot of knowledge but it's different to on this forum..you can trust peoples advice on here
Demonique likes this.