Complete newbie confused by conflicting advice - Page 13 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes


  #121 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Regular
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 109
Default

It looks like I'm going to be a snake owner! Bought this handsome chap plus all the associated setup this afternoon.



Now to wait for him to be couriered to me, which might take a week or 2.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #122 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Gold Star Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stevenage, UK
Posts: 6,831
Default

Very nice....

Have you got the equipment and enclosure or is that coming with the snake ?
Lung likes this.
__________________
Regards

Malc

Reply With Quote
  #123 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Regular
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
Very nice....

Have you got the equipment and enclosure or is that coming with the snake ?
The equipment is all ordered separately from a couple of places. Some arrives tomorrow or early next week. Worryingly, some (feeding tongs, ir gun) have an estimated delivery of the 28th so I might have to cancel those and buy slightly more expensive stuff that can arrive more quickly.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #124 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 06:37 PM
wilkinss77's Avatar
Posting Deity
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: thundersley,benfleet,essex
Posts: 31,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung View Post
It looks like I'm going to be a snake owner! Bought this handsome chap plus all the associated setup this afternoon.

image

Now to wait for him to be couriered to me, which might take a week or 2.
Very nice! Not common, and not a man made morph either.
Malc, GT2540 and Lung like this.
Reply With Quote
  #125 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Regular
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
Very nice! Not common, and not a man made morph either.
Yeah, that's what I was after, I much prefer the natural colours.
Reply With Quote
  #126 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2019, 11:59 PM
Regular
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung View Post
The equipment is all ordered separately from a couple of places. Some arrives tomorrow or early next week. Worryingly, some (feeding tongs, ir gun) have an estimated delivery of the 28th so I might have to cancel those and buy slightly more expensive stuff that can arrive more quickly.
I've requested a cancellation of the IR gun as i'll need that to properly set the viv up. The tongs aren't so important as I won't be feeding the snake for a little while until he's settled in so that should be fine.

One quick question: how much substrate will a 4x2x2 viv need? I've ordered an 85l bag of Megazorb and i'm hoping that will be plenty.
Reply With Quote
  #127 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2019, 01:05 AM
Gold Star Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stevenage, UK
Posts: 6,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung View Post
I

One quick question: how much substrate will a 4x2x2 viv need? I've ordered an 85l bag of Megazorb and i'm hoping that will be plenty.
Plenty.... it will give you a 3" deep layer three - four times with spare left over
Lung likes this.
__________________
Regards

Malc

Reply With Quote
  #128 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:26 AM
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,097
Default

That's a gorgeous corn - exactly what I would choose if I were to get another snake.
wilkinss77 and Lung like this.
Reply With Quote
  #129 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2019, 05:36 PM
Zincubus's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung View Post
It looks like I'm going to be a snake owner! Bought this handsome chap plus all the associated setup this afternoon.



image



Now to wait for him to be couriered to me, which might take a week or 2.


What will it look like at adult stage ??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lung likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2019, 06:35 PM
wilkinss77's Avatar
Posting Deity
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: thundersley,benfleet,essex
Posts: 31,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
What will it look like at adult stage ??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Similar to what it looks like now, but with redder saddles.
Zincubus and Lung like this.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)