Old 27-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Ultra Citizen
Default Doncaster IHS September show

Looks like this is going to be a `Big one` Three (3) floors all sold out
Wama and Stu Haysman like this.
Advertisement

Old 28-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Regular

Fancying going to this! Do you have to book tickets in advance or pay on the door? I'm seeing stuff about their 50th anniversary event on the day before the show and getting slightly confused. Plus their website and facebook kinda suck...
Old 28-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Regular

You have to pre-book the 50th anniversary the day before, and its pay on the door for the Sunday show.
heather08 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Ultra Citizen

yep two (2) separate events on two (2) separate days 50th is on the Saturday (celebrating 50 years of the IHS being in formed ) with guest speakers throughout the day and a full evening meal at night. £25 for members /£45 for non members

The Reptile show is on the Sunday £2.50 for IHS members....£5.00 for non members
Old 28-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Premier Member

The show is big.
The ground floor is enormous, the first floor was a couple of rooms, not big, but both had quite a selection. Unusual species too, including the odd rubber boa, Mexican python, and other oddities.
If you have never been, its worth the trip. It was a 6 hour round trip for me, and I always felt it was just too far.
I went last year as I had arranged to buy snakes from three different breeders all attending the show. Yes, there was a MASSIVE queue to get in but the staff got people through very quickly.
Despite the very long travelling to lime, it was worth going.
I would thoroughly recommend it for any hobbyist to visit.
heather08 and Tarron like this.
Old 28-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Super Citizen

I've got a table again, god knows where I'll be?

So far I've been in similar places on the ground floor for precious shows, hopefully I wont be tucked away somewhere
Cthulhu slumbers likes this.
Old 28-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosthedaddy2 View Post
I've got a table again, god knows where I'll be?

So far I've been in similar places on the ground floor for precious shows, hopefully I wont be tucked away somewhere
If you book and pay for all the shows at once, you get the same spot, but I guess its probably easier for the organisers to have a previous plan and just fit extra people in wherever.

Bioactive Herps will be there as usual, in our normal spot with 7 tables worth of plants, substrates, decor, our own boost range, plus UVB and Plant Lighting
Roseanna likes this.

www.bioactiveherps.co.uk
Old 28-08-2019, 10:25 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian14 View Post
The show is big.
The ground floor is enormous, the first floor was a couple of rooms, not big, but both had quite a selection. Unusual species too, including the odd rubber boa, Mexican python, and other oddities.
If you have never been, its worth the trip. It was a 6 hour round trip for me, and I always felt it was just too far.
I went last year as I had arranged to buy snakes from three different breeders all attending the show. Yes, there was a MASSIVE queue to get in but the staff got people through very quickly.
Despite the very long travelling to lime, it was worth going.
I would thoroughly recommend it for any hobbyist to visit.

About 3 hours to get there for me too plus will be travelling on my own so not sure if it's worth it. And I'm getting close to being branded a plant/cork bark hoarder... I have one reptile and a huge stack of cork bark, 2 terrariums and 2 windowsills covered in plants as is! My wallet cries in pain constantly...
Tarron likes this.
Old 29-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatatas View Post
About 3 hours to get there for me too plus will be travelling on my own so not sure if it's worth it. And I'm getting close to being branded a plant/cork bark hoarder... I have one reptile and a huge stack of cork bark, 2 terrariums and 2 windowsills covered in plants as is! My wallet cries in pain constantly...
Then the answer is to go and get a new herp to go in the spare viv!
Potatatas likes this.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:41 PM
RFUK Premium Membership

Super excited to hear this... Iím taking my son up there for the first time to get him some Leos - he wonít stop talking about it...