IHS Doncaster Show 3rd November - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 06-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
Personally I think its more than that otherwise any other society could do the same thing at their village / school hall. Offer a days membership as part of the entry cost making it private event.

The management of the location the shows are held at must be strong enough to shrug off any attempts by the antis to close the events
Kempton was, & the antis still killed it off. Other societies could do it the Donny way- ERAC was urged to do so after their shows were hit time & time again by the APA to the point that they can no longer find any venues, but they pooh-poohed the idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Ultra Citizen

Hi Guys
That's is now both the Ground Floor and the 1st Floor both fully booked up for November show .Looks like another Great show coming up...."last of the year" see you all soon
Carey/Heather
Old 09-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
Kempton was, & the antis still killed it off. Other societies could do it the Donny way- ERAC was urged to do so after their shows were hit time & time again by the APA to the point that they can no longer find any venues, but they pooh-poohed the idea.
SRAS are holding their first breeders meeting, I can't remember if its this month or next though
al stotton likes this.

www.bioactiveherps.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Seems now quite obvious how to circumvent the Anti Morons and their BS to me
Old 12-10-2019, 08:24 PM
Ultra Citizen

THREE WEEKS TOMORROW IS DONNY SHOW GUYS N GALS
wilkinss77 likes this.
Old 13-10-2019, 02:34 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
No, it's because the antis- the APA (Animal Protection Agency) & PETA are against our hobby & think we shouldn't keep reptiles (or any pets). They have stopped all the shows bar Donny, by scaremongering councils & venue owners into refusing to host them via lies & misinformation about the shows being illegal & spreading diseases.
The reason why they can't touch Donny is because of how the show is held- the IHS make it a private event with a day's IHS membership included in the ticket price, & the APA can't prevent private events from going ahead.
Also it is held at a race course. I don't think that it would be in the interests of the race course to give in to PETA... I'm not sure why Kempton caved.
al stotton, wilkinss77 and Wama like this.
Old 13-10-2019, 02:36 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardy View Post
Also it is held at a race course. I don't think that it would be in the interests of the race course to give in to PETA... I'm not sure why Kempton caved.
Me neither.
Old 13-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardy View Post
I may be wrong but wasn't Kempton run by the FBH? So unlike Donny, run by the IHS, which, being a society you can join means that entry is by way of being a member for the he day.
You cannot join the FBH directly as a member, so strictly speaking Kempton was never a members meet, but a commercial event.
wilkinss77 and yardy like this.
Old 13-10-2019, 03:44 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian14 View Post
I may be wrong but wasn't Kempton run by the FBH? So unlike Donny, run by the IHS, which, being a society you can join means that entry is by way of being a member for the he day.
You cannot join the FBH directly as a member, so strictly speaking Kempton was never a members meet, but a commercial event.
I didn't know that, but it makes sense.
Old 13-10-2019, 06:33 PM
Regular

Quote:
Me neither.
Strictly antecdotal, but I'm seem to remember something about certain AR groups threatening friends and family of some employees at some venues. Like I said, purely hearsay but it wouldn't surprise at all, some of them are lunatics and they do have form (darley oaks guinea pig farm).
heather08 and wilkinss77 like this.