IHS Doncaster Show 3rd November - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 01-10-2019, 10:09 PM
Ultra Citizen
Default IHS Doncaster Show 3rd November

Hi Guys n Gals
That is the Ground floor now full for the Reptile Show on Sunday 3rd November. Now taking bookings for 1st floor, Closing date for table bookings is 8th October
Carey
al stotton likes this.
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 10:43 PM
Premier Citizen

LONG LIVE the IHS
ian14 and heather08 like this.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:40 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al stotton View Post
LONG LIVE the IHS
I have to agree.
They have established a breeders meet that has not been successfuly challenged by any animal rights group, so it can only be taken therefore that their formula is the one to follow.
I bit the bullet and went last year, a nice 6 hour round trip, to collect some prebooked animals.
I was very impressed with the event, well set up, well monitored, and a great day out.
It would be nice to see this event put on at different locations around the UK but to be fair, it's in the middle of the country so within a realistic days trip for any serious hobbyist.
It doesn't pretend to be something it isn't and doesn't rely on word play to try to justify itself.
Perhaps if other similar events had been open and transparent I suspect many other shows would still be running.
For anyone undecided about going, just go.
heather08 and al stotton like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Regular

Ihs breeders meets did used to be held elsewhere in the past, but the ar groups pressured the locations that hosted them into saying no. Thankfully doncaster racecourse has remained supportive. The last one was the largest I'd been to for many years.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Ultra Citizen

i constantly see all the `usual` boring posts by The Hater Brigade ,,who seem to `stalk` the shows and `get off` on making negative posts on various fb groups/web sites etc. I also thought the last show (with three (3) floors of reptiles ) was a Great and busy show, with many hidden gems if you could be bothered to take time and just enjoy the whole , instead of just popping in,grabbing `whatever` and leaving again.These shows,surely should be treated as a Social event for meeting both old and new friends,,,,,and just having a FUN day with fellow `Reptile Loons` Because we mainly keep Boids I will list just some of the species I saw,,,PYTHONS (Carpet,Bllod,Olive,Bismarck.Savu,Angolan,Green Tree,Womas,Blackheads )...BOAS (Atb,s,Sand, Argentine, various bcc/bca and all the morphs that go with these...and probably a lot I have forgot to mention. Great show with great selection for sure,,Looking forward to November 3rd (last show of the year guys)
ian14 and al stotton like this.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Gold Star Member

It's great to see both the IHS and Doncaster race course stand up to the somewhat bullying tactics that the anti's have used to stop other reptile shows. Long may the IHS continue, and hopefully expand to other venues (other race courses dotted around the country ?).
heather08 and al stotton like this.

Malc

Old 03-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Regular

I'd love to go but it's impossible on the train without an overnight stay, and a 10 hour round trip in the car
Old 03-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung View Post
I'd love to go but it's impossible on the train without an overnight stay, and a 10 hour round trip in the car
You could make a weekend of it and go to the annual IHS conference there.
heather08 likes this.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian14 View Post
You could make a weekend of it and go to the annual IHS conference there.
True, but i don't like leaving my family with no car for a whole weekend and there's zero chance of persuading my wife to come to Doncaster with the kids for a reptile show
Old 03-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Forum Citizen

Sorry to crash the post but is it reptile only at this show or do Invert sellers attend?