Record Keeping - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 03-10-2019, 04:46 PM
Gold Star Member
Default Record Keeping

Well I'm gobsmaked... Just weighed my boa 11.370Kg

Looked back at my records for him. Last weighing session was 30/5/19 when he weighed 9.480Kg. That's in increase of just under 1.9Kg in four months.

He's now topped out at 95" (measured) growing an inch in the same period, so now he seems to have maxed out for length and now bulked out a little more. He's fed a XL rat every two weeks so not excessive.
richardhind likes this.

Malc

Last edited by Malc; 03-10-2019 at 04:50 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Ultra Citizen

That's some good size malc

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Malc likes this.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:26 PM
Premier Citizen

OH NO!! Looks like Malc has joined the weighing snakes obsession.

All joking aside , sounds like your boa is healthy and thriving , clearly indicative of good husbandry
Malc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al stotton View Post
OH NO!! Looks like Malc has joined the weighing snakes obsession.

All joking aside , sounds like your boa is healthy and thriving , clearly indicative of good husbandry
Cheers Al,

For me keeping records is all part of the fun of this hobby. It's also handy should the snake ever need to visit the vets as you can provide details of when the snake last shed, defecated, ate, its weigh etc which would help the vet with their diagnosis.

I also keep records for my reef tank. When equipment was serviced, water parameters, stock purchases etc - sad really but it helps to diagnose any issues that arise

I use software for both. Sadly the application for the reef tank is no longer maintained, but its now free. And I'm involved in the development of Reptiware (https://reptiware.com/ the author of which wrote HerperPro. But pen and paper works just as well
al stotton likes this.

Malc

Old 04-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
Cheers Al,

For me keeping records is all part of the fun of this hobby. It's also handy should the snake ever need to visit the vets as you can provide details of when the snake last shed, defecated, ate, its weigh etc which would help the vet with their diagnosis.

I also keep records for my reef tank. When equipment was serviced, water parameters, stock purchases etc - sad really but it helps to diagnose any issues that arise

I use software for both. Sadly the application for the reef tank is no longer maintained, but its now free. And I'm involved in the development of Reptiware (https://reptiware.com/ the author of which wrote HerperPro. But pen and paper works just as well
For me personally my record keeping tends to be more focused in on family trees, probably because a good % of my collection are ones I produced here.

That said I do keep a tab on the feeding records for hatchlings , at least until they're established feeders and thriving.

will check the link