Snake Market Question - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 20-10-2019, 12:38 PM
Regular
Default Snake Market Question

Hi

Considering upgrading the Vivs in to a more uniform stack (self built), but at the same time also considering wether to sell my collection, naturally if I build the new vivs I wont sell.

My question is regarding the Current market and wether you think I would any interest in my collection which I will list bellow:-

CB08 Snow Corn.
CB09 Common Boa.
CB11 Common Boa but 66% Het Albino.
CB12 Amazon Tree Boa Orange Phase.
CB13 Monster Tail Hypo Jungle Boa Lovely Red/Salmon Colour.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Regular

That's a nice set of animals and I'm sure people would be interested, in terms of the market difficult to say. Market forces obviously dictate what prices you can get. My personal opinion is that our animals have a bit of an intrinsic value and we shouldn't have price them rock bottom just for a sale. If people aren't prepared to pay more than a pittance for them then how can I trust they'd being willing to pay for appropriate equipement/care and possible vet bills? I realise the reality is that market forces mostly dictate things however.

Sorry, kind of hijacked your thread for a bit of a ramble, the tldr version is I'm not sure what you'd be able to get. Have a look and see what similar are advertised at. Personally I'd keep them and invest in the vivs : )
Old 20-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Premier Member

In all honesty there won't be a huge amount of interest.
A 10/11 year old snow corn is not going to sell, it's a very very common morph and also a fair age too.
The common boas again are very common.
You may get some interest in the ATB.
I've never heard of a monster tail morph before, but being hypo jungle that may also get some interest.
You probably would be better offering the common boas and the corn for rehoming.
rickpellen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Ultra Citizen

AS above, those animals would have little to no economic value as they are just morphs and species that you can get in any petshop in the UK. The ATB is a little rarer so may sell depending on where you are located etc.

psbreptiles.com is my website

kind of like the reptile equivalent of a "hipster" couldn't agree more glad i'm not the only one who thinks this.
Old 21-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Ultra Citizen

The market is pretty saturated, as pointed out above, you'll have better luck offering them for re-homing if you decide you don't want them.

It's a slightly strange decision point you're at - get rid of the collection, or invest a lot of time and some money in completely re-housing them. What are the deciding factors for you?
ian14 likes this.

Tags
amazon , boa , corn , jungle , monster tail