Weird bald spot on ball python ? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes


  #1 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Ryanisbadatthis's Avatar
Egg
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 14
Default Weird bald spot on ball python ?

Hi, first time posting to this forum. We rescued about 6 snakes from a breeder back in septmber and we noticed that this little guy has got this little bald patch on his head and we couldn't work out what it could be, any ideas would be great!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Zincubus's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,728
Default Weird bald spot on ball python ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanisbadatthis View Post
Hi, first time posting to this forum. We rescued about 6 snakes from a breeder back in septmber and we noticed that this little guy has got this little bald patch on his head and we couldn't work out what it could be, any ideas would be great!


Loads of new morphs seem to look ‘bald’ to me ... it’s not a look I like though..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Demonique and Ryanisbadatthis like this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Premier Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stevenage, UK
Posts: 7,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanisbadatthis View Post
Hi, first time posting to this forum. We rescued about 6 snakes from a breeder back in septmber and we noticed that this little guy has got this little bald patch on his head and we couldn't work out what it could be, any ideas would be great!
let me give my crystal balls a rub.... nahhh must be atmospherics, still can't see the picture which might help us help you ......

Demonique and Ryanisbadatthis like this.
__________________
Regards

Malc



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Ryanisbadatthis's Avatar
Egg
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Yes my apologies, was just in the process of figuring out how to add a photo this is the kind of bald spot I mean. He's a Mojave and as far as I can tell it's not part of his pattern. He has literally shed today but still remains!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Demonique likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Zincubus's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanisbadatthis View Post
Yes my apologies, was just in the process of figuring out how to add a photo this is the kind of bald spot I mean. He's a Mojave and as far as I can tell it's not part of his pattern. He has literally shed today but still remains! imageimage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


Ahhh

So not a ‘faded head’ morph ..

Looks kinda ‘cute’ though

Maybe just an missing scale from an old injury ..

Someone will have come across a similar thing I’m sure


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanisbadatthis likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Oh How Original's Avatar
5 Star Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brough, Kirkby Stephen.
Posts: 4,516
Send a message via MSN to Oh How Original
Default

Seen similar before, most likely a very minor burn or injury from some time ago, I've also seen snakes lose the odd scale or two during bad sheds.
I wouldn't worry about it personally, as long as it's not infected or doesn't bleed and he seems happy and healthy in every other way
Ryanisbadatthis likes this.
__________________


Member number: 49,175
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Ryanisbadatthis's Avatar
Egg
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
Seen similar before, most likely a very minor burn or injury from some time ago, I've also seen snakes lose the odd scale or two during bad sheds.

I wouldn't worry about it personally, as long as it's not infected or doesn't bleed and he seems happy and healthy in every other way
That's what my partner was thinking, a minor burn from a little while ago! He seems happy enough and is all healthy otherwise! Thanks for all the replies!!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Oh How Original likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Ryanisbadatthis's Avatar
Egg
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Ahhh

So not a ‘faded head’ morph ..

Looks kinda ‘cute’ though

Maybe just an missing scale from an old injury ..

Someone will have come across a similar thing I’m sure


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He is very cute! And he is so so lovely!!!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2019, 08:59 PM
Premier Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stevenage, UK
Posts: 7,191
Default

Agreed, its a missing scale caused through an old injury... looks like its healed nicely though
__________________
Regards

Malc



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)