Help needed please for Corn Snake morph - Page 8 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 18-05-2020, 11:39 AM
Posting Deity

Just plug the bulb in without the stat and see if it gets hot enough, that way you'll know if it's the bulb.
wilkinss77 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-07-2020, 08:32 AM
Hatchling

Just thought I’d give you an update on Sid the anorexic snake for those that were trying to help me with him.

Happy to say he’s had 2 feeds now. I managed to get his tank a bit warmer, although still nowhere near warm enough for the bulb to go off at night, so it’s on 24/7 still.
Anyway, so about 3 weeks after getting the temp up he kinda looked like he wanted to shed so I got the humidity up for him as well and he did shed. Then 4 days later he had another shed out of nowhere which was strange but they were both fully intact and normal. I waited a few days and thought I’d try him with a mouse and he slowly eat it which was great. He had a normal poop a couple days later as well.
I didn’t want to get too excited until I’d tried him with a second successful feed which was last night. He wasn’t super keen at first but he did eventually find it and slowly latched on butt first. 🙈
I will keep monitoring him and only feeding him every 3/4 weeks to keep his weight in check. He has definitely lost some girth and I’ve been letting him go up the stairs as someone suggested. I tried the treadmilling that someone else suggested but he just dangles in my hands and looks at me daft 😂 , but the stairs seem to be working for now.

So I just wanted to say thank you for your help and patience trying to advise me.
No doubt I will be back at some point with more snake drama for you all.

Thanks again, Victoria
Attached Thumbnails
Help needed please for Corn Snake morph-3197d170-3ce4-4034-8bd4-418c0f799b02_1594621887401.jpeg  

SpiritSerpents likes this.