Top 10 Youtube Hates - Page 10 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 27-05-2020, 01:58 AM
Premier Citizen

I don't really get all the hate towards the unboxing videos, it can be lovely seeing the pure joy that people can have when they clap eyes on a new snake or other pet for the first time, I can't begrudge anyone their enthusiasm for that or their wanting to share it.
The one thing that does annoy me a bit about hobbyist reptile keepers doing youtube is the lack of editing or planning, lots of standing there hemming and hawing, stuttering etc, dragging out the video with 'dead air'. A bit of planning out what they want to say beforehand, and editing after, could cut down a dull 13 or 14 minute video, into a more entertaining 5 or 6 minute one.
Also it seems like a lot of hobbyist keepers with modest collections seem to want to make videos in the style of big breeders which doesn't really translate as well, I think a lot of these guys would be better off doing a more vlog style instead of the usual 'room tour/feeding video/new snake/collection update/pairing plans/how to set up an xyz/product review' etc etc that every channel has it would be nice to see some more innovation. And unfortunately not everyone does come across great on video whether its nervousness, being long winded or whatever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-05-2020, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasops View Post
Oh what this thread - and you - are about have been crystal clear to me from the first page.

No doubt you are saying that 'not having enough views' is another pet hate of yours then? If not why mention it at all? Except of course to belittle and pull down something done by somebody else. Which is all I have ever seen you do.

They don't need me to defend them but I would point out that the guys that make Reptile n Chill have a brand, merchandise (that is being purchased, they have lots of pics of people wearing it on their webpage), raise money for charity, and spend their time creating something positive. It doesn't matter how many views or likes they have (although lots of their videos have thousands of views, I just went and checked) - and their guest list of people they have interviewed on the show reads like a 'who's who' of the UK (and international) hobby anyway so that is impressive enough.

So yeah. You have reptiles to look after, a family and a job... well done you! So does everybody else commenting here. So do the lads from Reptile n Chill, so do most of the Youtube creators you like to spend what little free time you have criticising. I may not like a lot of what is made but damn, at least they try and make something positive rather than harp in some quiet corner of a forum hardly anybody uses criticising them.

You sound a bit sad to me, mate. Maybe you could spend your free time making your own Youtube channel, or social media outlet so you can show all these horrible people how it is done, eh? Or - if you are who I think you are - you might also try sticking to one username without getting banned from whatever forum you join.

And for the record, I don't 'want or have a need to be an all-encompassing reptile expert' but nor will I stay quiet or pretend to be any less knowledgable than I am, just because some random grumpy troll on a forum doesn't like my views or the things I say. You are the literal textbook example of 'Tall Poppy Syndrome' and the only thing I take away from threads like this is you must have some inferiority complex or a truckload of jealousy. In which case I feel rather sad for you.
What is sad is the need for people to start dumping their views on threads after stating they didn't like the theme of the thread,why not just leave it alone and go and view threads you do like?Or make your own to counter? Seems you and the people who (like) your reply are quick to judge others,it's funny how confident you seem in personal insults to others just because they might hold a different view to your own,Whats also hilarious is the very small group of members on this forum who go around posting their views and liking each others replies,it's the same people all the time,time to get a life me thinks and look after all the reptiles they claim to keep and breed,but strangely for all their apparent (success) never seem to be able to show their offspring or show their reptile rooms,viv's racks or animals,while being critical of some of the people who do.
And as for the content not being monitorised your having a laugh,and even if your right,the whole point of making content is for people to view them otherwise whats the point?
So Francis why don't you and your little bunch small minded friends leave this thread alone for others to enjoy and post their YouTube top 10 hates...like it says on the tin
Old 27-05-2020, 09:38 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrymarchonCouperi View Post
Seems you and the people who (like) your reply are quick to judge others,it's funny how confident you seem in personal insults to others just because they might hold a different view to your own,

Whats also hilarious is the very small group of members on this forum who go around posting their views and liking each others replies,it's the same people all the time,time to get a life me thinks and look after all the reptiles they claim to keep and breed,but strangely for all their apparent (success) never seem to be able to show their offspring or show their reptile rooms,viv's racks or animals,while being critical of some of the people who do.
Can you not see how hypocritical you're being in the above statement? You feel people are quick to judge and throw insults and yet you will also happily attempt to insult others purely because they simply agreed with the opposite side of the argument.

All I'll say on the matter is it has only been two individuals on this thread that have been arguing and quite frankly you both seem as bad as each other with your constant insults towards each other and now other members of the forum purely because they disagree with an opinion or simply agree with one statement more than another.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
0.0.1 cali king snake- Cali
1.0.0 Hognose - Pinnochio
0.1.0 Sand Boa - Dune
1.0.0 Green Bush Ratsnake - Forest
0.1.1 Amazon Tree Boa - Igni & Onyx
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Nyx

Other pets
0.2.0 Siamese cats - Nala and Duchess,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-05-2020, 11:43 AM
Posting Deity

This started off as a good thread, with a lot of rational posts about genuine twats on You Tube who grate on any reptile keepers who truly care about animals. But it has rapidly gone down the toilet as a pissing contest.
Old 27-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Ultra Citizen
Reviews: 6

My final say on here. I apologised once, sincerely, for dragging the thread off topic already. I had genuinely intended to keep myself off it but was asked by somebody else to post a link to a video I had mentioned. I did that and the OP continued with his not-so-subtle 'humm humm humm' little digs. It could have stayed there, but there is a tendency among some to try and dissect every word and sentence I write for hidden little flaws - I can be a controversial figure after all with my iconoclastic sentiments.

I find this response hilarious, I don't know any of the people that 'liked' my last comment, I rarely post on this forum at all actually. Maybe they simply agreed with what I posted, I cannot control who likes what any more than you can control who follows what Youtube channels. It seems that you are just eaten up by resentment and it doesn't come across well at all...

I would point out that nobody on here has shared as many photos of their animals and setups as I have over the years, both on here, Captivebred, Facebook and Instagram. Given we are not friends on Facebook, you don't follow me on Instagram, and we don't share any groups online, I wonder why you feel you would be privy to what I do and do not have? I had a long list written up of where you might see it, but you know what? I am editing it because otherwise I'll get accused of showing off and it just looks petty. But I will keep my achievements this year up to date in my own thread. Maybe you should show us YOUR collection and enclosures instead, eh? Would make for better reading than this drivel.

No, I won't be starting a 'top ten hates' thread, it's not my style. If I am going to spend time online I prefer to attempt to use it to help, advise, learn and try and advance the hobby. Lead by example, try and make people think. I am certainly not doing that on this thread. So I shall stop posting on it, I find these pissing contests incredibly tedious.

One final observation. You've called me 'Francis' several times now. So you obviously know who I am - which is fine, I often sign off my name as I am not scared of people knowing it when I post, and it should be obvious from the articles I publish that I've shared on here. I don't seem to know your name though, why not politely tell us who you are?
Demonique likes this.

Last edited by Thrasops; 27-05-2020 at 01:55 PM..
Old 27-05-2020, 05:37 PM
Posting Deity

So are we all agreed then, that we all hate:
Any clips that glorify live feeding;
any that advocate keeping everything in small tubs;
any that promote cruelty to animals;
any by Ray Hoser?
Demonique likes this.
Old 27-05-2020, 05:50 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
So are we all agreed then, that we all hate:
Any clips that glorify live feeding;
any that advocate keeping everything in small tubs;
any that promote cruelty to animals;
any by Ray Hoser?
I need to watch a Roy hoser to see what you are referring to. I can imagine it's going to infuriate me lol

0.0.1 cali king snake- Cali
1.0.0 Hognose - Pinnochio
0.1.0 Sand Boa - Dune
1.0.0 Green Bush Ratsnake - Forest
0.1.1 Amazon Tree Boa - Igni & Onyx
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Nyx

Other pets
0.2.0 Siamese cats - Nala and Duchess,
Old 27-05-2020, 05:54 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseanna View Post
I need to watch a Roy hoser to see what you are referring to. I can imagine it's going to infuriate me lol

He turns venomous snakes into venomoids. & his methods are shall we say, not exactly veterinary procedures, neither are they particularly humane. Plus he looks like Vlad Putin's lost twin.
Old 27-05-2020, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseanna View Post
Can you not see how hypocritical you're being in the above statement? You feel people are quick to judge and throw insults and yet you will also happily attempt to insult others purely because they simply agreed with the opposite side of the argument.

All I'll say on the matter is it has only been two individuals on this thread that have been arguing and quite frankly you both seem as bad as each other with your constant insults towards each other and now other members of the forum purely because they disagree with an opinion or simply agree with one statement more than another.

Thats you've view and your entitled to it,I disagree with you,not sure if your one of the members who liked the OP persons insults,don't really care TBH,believe I won't lose any sleep over it but I will be calling out somebody's BS on one of my posts.
Old 27-05-2020, 07:22 PM
Posting Deity

Eeek, this got a bit rowdy

So who's excited for egg cutting season in a few weeks on BB's vlog?

*sarcasm*
Demonique likes this.

Tags
ball pythons