Reptile Forums banner

How to post pics.

7K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  ian14 
#1 ·
Lots of newbies (& even a few forum veterans) understandably don't know how to post pics.
Here is a list of instructions:
1. Upload pic to a hosting site- Imgur is one of the easiest to use.
2. Click 'direct link'.
3. In your reply, left click the postcard icon, clear the URL box & click 'ok'.
4. Right click 'paste' in the URL box, then 'ok'.
Your pic should now download into your reply.

#3 ·
Or use your Album section under your RFUK user profile as the location to store your images rather than having to sign up to a 3rd party hosting site

Or better still, if using a web browser (not sure this option is available on a phone version), simply click the "manage attachments" button under the additional options when replying or creating a new post, and then select the images to upload up to 4 files from your PC or any other device that is attached and you can navigate to the image location.

#4 ·
I have run a little test this month as all my pics on this forum disappear over time.

I tried using the 'Insert Image' icon from the 'post comment' toolbar, I have linked to an album under my profile, and I have linked to an external file sharing service (Photobucket).

It took 30 days for the 'Insert Image' link to disappear.

It took 11 days for the RFUK album link to disappear.

The Photobucket link is still there. So it seems images hosted externally have the longest lifespan.

I have switched to uploading images as attachments and they all seem to be still there, although this is a less useful method as they all appear at the end of each comment so I cannot annotate each image.

#14 ·
Well, there is no easy way to post pics it appears. Too bad.. i was going to post my etb cage dut I don't have two hours trying to sign up for a trial.

The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be ain't what she used to be... rfuk siren song
R.I.P
RFUK..
It's ridiculously easy to post pics!
You open a post, and use the paperclip icon from the icon box under the box you are typing in to attach a photo file.
Not sure what trial you have tried to sign up to, but it's nothing to do with rfuk! Font Circle Symbol Logo Darkness