Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Snakes (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/)
-   -   corn snake wont poo ! (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/13069-corn-snake-wont-poo.html)

freakyfrank 03-11-2006 08:42 AM

corn snake wont poo !

Hello Every1,

My brother got a corn snake 2 wk's ago sunday comin, The man said he was wk's old.
The day before he got him he'd had been feed, then the followin sat my brother got his pinkies ready he had 2 ate them with no trouble.
But he hasn;t had a poo since,
It's gettin a bit worryin now as they say they r ment 2 poo every 8 days normally a couple of days after feedin.

So now it's been 6 days since he was last fed.

He also hasn't had a poo since we've had him.

And still no poo :!:

Any advice or help would be greatly recieved :?

What can we do.

400runner 03-11-2006 09:45 AM

I may be absolutely nothing as sometimes snakes will just go a bit longer between poos. However it does sound strange that its a baby corn as they usually poo like clock work. It may be impaction which means it has swallowed a bit of substrate during feeding. You may be able to solve this by putting the snake in a bucket or bath wit luke warm water for an hour. it may poo in the water or later that day as a result
It may also be that you are not feeding the snake enough for its size. what size is it. my snakes will sort of save the poo up so that they always poo the same amount. so if i feed them one mouse instead of two they won't just poo half the amount at the same time after feeding

freakyfrank 03-11-2006 10:41 AM

Thank u very much for that we'll try it.

He's only bout 14inchs n never had 2 pinkies b4 but the man where we got him from said that he probley would be about ready for 2 n to try on his nxt feed n they went down very well with no problem.

As where we got him from as bin in the business for 25 years I no he's trust worthy which is a good n rare thing to find.

chalkie 03-11-2006 12:22 PM

our first boa took months to poo, we kept on bathing her etc, and still nothing. I ended up squeezing the poo out of her and there was loads and it was very hard. try gently running your thumb down the underside bottom half of the snakes body if you can feel alot of solid lumps just before the genitals you found the poo, try gently massaging this down while she is in a luke warm bath.
hope this helps

400runner 03-11-2006 12:23 PM

yeah the two pinkys sounds fine fine for a 14 inch corn. hopefully the bath will work. good luck

freakyfrank 03-11-2006 02:03 PM

thanks all

ill try both them thats great help.

just 1 more thing he's due for his feed 2moro shell we still give it him

bribrian 03-11-2006 06:34 PM

If you have him on aspen bedding or similar, you could easily miss a poo from a small snake.......kinda blends in.....

mark67123 03-11-2006 07:25 PM

Are his temps high enough?
And he does any part of his body look/feel lumpy?

freakyfrank 04-11-2006 12:35 PM

his temps are fine n he's not lumpy, so dont no wots goin off we'll just after to wait to see wot happens.

Thanks for all your help n ill keep u informed of his progress

della.g 05-11-2006 07:51 PM

They don't poo well if they are dehydrated. Warm baths and plenty to drink usually duz it. Watch for lumps or bumps forming still feed him as usual.

Della