Reptile Forums banner

rep shops near Stoke

1K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  VikkiGT4 
#1 ·
I'll be visiting Stoke tomorrow afternoon, and was wondering if there are any decent rep shops worth a visit? Thanks.

#3 ·
No, lol... to be quite frank....

Theres Glovers Aquatics in Fenton... I would not personally buy from there..!

Theres Family Friends, nice old couple, tiny shop, nothing special...

Dicount Koi and Aquatics, probabaly the nicest shop around here... Big and open, aint been in a year... People dont like the owners

UNTILL i open mine lol...

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

#7 ·
Discount Koi and aquatics is the best really. I find glovers overpriced for everything, and Family Friends is really small.

The staff in Discount Koi are always really helpful and they have a nice collection of animals... including a huge Burmese. They've recently added a dwarf caiman to the collection too.

#13 ·
there are a few good importers and trades in stoke, some trying to set up shops, which are pritty good, but none are about yet.

as said theres:

glovers which is crap

Family friends whicih is tiny but an ace little shop, and the 2 guys that run it are awesome to chat to, and they will let you get the stock out so long as you know what your doing.

Discout Koi is good and the one i normally use. They are some very cool water snakes in at the momet which i was playing with the over day, along with a lovly dwarf caiman whicih is soon to be 2.

Theres also shropshire's exotics which is an amazing shop but not actually in stoke.

#19 ·
there are a few good importers and trades in stoke, some trying to set up shops, which are pritty good, but none are about yet.
I'll have to keep my ear to the ground. Didn't realise there was so many RFUK users in the local area! I'm planning on breeding next year hopefully... Guyana BCCs. Hopefully I'll have albino boas on the cards in a few years time too.

I tend to use Discount Koi, only for frozen rodents really as it's a stone's throw away from me. I get any equipment online, and my reps through this forum.

My corn was from Family Friends from when I lived nearby the shop. They are usually good in there - just put me off when they advised me not to bother buying an albino royal as it would only live a few years!

#16 ·
Thanks everyone. Looks like a boring trip then :lol2:. (I know Shropshire Exotics - I live in Telford, so its my 'local')

#25 ·
I don't know about Stoke but Shropshire Exotics in Telford is my choice! Am there most Sunday's - although probably not this week cos of Cosford Air Show!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.