Reptile Forums banner

Polystyrene for making hides!

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  jesse1986 
#1 ·
looking to make my own hides and artificial rocks for my corn, just wondered where you guys buy your blocks of polystyrene for this sort of thing, and how much does it cost?

thanks in advance

#3 ·
B&Q do sheet of it i beleve and tehn ya simply just build it up till u get it how ya want it and grout it etc etc

#5 ·
Dont pay for it! If its for making a background for a viv then yeah b & q for styrene tyles otherwise head down to your local dixons curry's etc or even your local garden center. My friends garden center collects all the polystyrene back from their customers after they have taken the plants out of them which makes it handy for making hides and stuff. I'm wanting to make a rock like water bowl but not sure if it'll work or not, anyone have any experience with this?

M

#8 ·
I tried to do what I wanted with bits of packaging from a washing machine and stuff I salvaged from the school I teach in, but in the end I splashed out on an 8' x 4' x 3" sheet for about £6 from the Wickes in Cannock (bit far from Wolves, if that's where you are I'm sure there's a Wickes more local to you. This is what I made, and as you can see I still have shed loads left to build other stuff with

Finished article

Good luck in the hunt

Cheers

Andy

#12 ·
re

This is my faulse cave maybe it will help

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.