Reptile Forums banner

Gopher Snake

666 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  snakes 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can tell me much about the gopher snake, re: health issues. I have the basics...a simple google sorts that out, but my ma is getting one this wkend, and I would like to know more, that I can pass on to her.

Cheers

Skimpy

#3 ·
Health issues? Not entirely sure what you're asking, there are not any specific problems associated with gopher snakes (or any of the pits really..) The only thing of note is that they are easy to over feed and should be offered smaller prey items than would normally be given to snakes of their size.

#4 ·
We have a two year old pair of Pituophis Deppei Deppei.

Fingers crossed , not had any problems with them.
The male sometimes refuses food when in shed the female never has.
Good temperament too, beautiful snakes

John

#7 ·
I own a pair of San Diego Gopher snakes, They are easy enough to keep and dont seem to suffer health problems, as for feeding just give him/her a mouse/rat (depending on the size of the snake) every ten days, this should be enough for a steady diet. Also try day old chicks now and again, all members of the Pituophis seem to love them, all my Pituophis snakes do anyway :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.