Reptile Forums banner

Oxylbelis have laid!

1K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  sharpstrain 
#1 ·
well. came home today, having just brought a car. came home, and checked on the animals as i always do. looked in the Oxybelis vivarium to find a single egg. the female looks like she has more in here - which she undoubtedly does.

however, i believe, someone please correct me and give me contact details of the person that did it if i am wrong, that this is the first in the uk. i assume the mating occured in the wild, but as far as i am aware this is the first one in the uk, possibly europe - i have asked contacts in europe but noone knows of any.

happy days, it looks good, so with any luck will have baby oxys soon :)

Alex

#6 ·
#9 ·
Oh well done. you must be chuffed to bits!! Take care of thet egg now!!

#12 ·
Oh, I forgot to say Congratulations and well done! :2thumb:

#16 ·
i saw some of the bright green ones [sorry i dont no there name and i dont think the shop keeper did really] yesterday in a local reptile shop for the first time and my god they were cute and so nice and unusal, so well done i would be well cuffed and have a big :no1:

#17 ·
Dale - what shop?

thanks guys. it may be a case of egg binding, but i dont think so. the is near the laying box now, so hopefully it will happen soon. eg looks ok actually, so will have to wait and see.

all are taking defrost mice - all took it first time as well which is fantastic. so if wildies are doing that the juvies should be ok to convert. and once they are they will make fantastic display snakes.

car is a citroen c2 1.6 gt - love it and pretty rapid for a first car

Alex

#24 ·
bloody shame matey, could you not candle the eggs to get correct embryo placement?
Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.