Reptile Forums banner

snakes monitor and kittens????

389 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bendaferrari 
#1 ·
i need some help as my burrm and monitor are not happy chappys to night thay are both hissing at me when i go near them could this be due to my cat haveing kittens right now she has poped 4 out my monitor is hideing wedged up against a rock and the burm is up and down the tank the monitoe is about 10 foot away from the kittens not in direct view and the burm is in the next room any ideas or are thay just haveing a off day ?

#2 ·
Burms and monitors can both be quite hissy inside their vivs anyhow. I wouldn't worry about it personally. I'm guessing it's night-time for the monitor and all he wants to do is sleep!!

Even so it may be wise to move the kittens a bit further away if you can.

#5 ·
my burm hissing when i go neer the tank im used to but he is raceing round the tank hissing hes been doing this all day the monitor only the past fiew hours im looking at him now and he is on his wood looking pritty pis**d he is all puffed up

i dont want to move the cat as she is still pushing them out

#8 ·
there diong well thay hide morning to mid afternoon than come out and run about i darent touch them as i got one out yesterday and it got away from me trying to grb it with out bracking it was hard espasualy when im used to the monitor cant waight till the stack is done

#7 ·
Could be the hormones and pheromones your cat is giving off at the moment, your other 2 will be sensing them and either wanna run or get there munch on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.