Reptile Forums banner

Reptile Shops around Ipswich

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Klymax 
#1 ·
Hi as i live in ipswich, most of my reptile needs are fulfilled at Viking Aquatics

Now i only know of two shops in ipswich, Viking

and the new shop on eagle street ( run by the ex kaywoods people i belive)

theres nothing wrong with them, i am consistently in viking lol

just wondering what else there is around, close to ipswich and farther afield

thanks

rob

#14 ·
I understand this thread is quite old now lol, but thought it didnt really need a new thread for newer members,

I was recommended by work mates and my Station Quartermaster at work to go to viking aquatics in ipswich,

Theyre choice and range of everything is really good, the prices are average from what i was expecting, a large range of different fish and reptiles including the dreaded spiders (they scare the :censor: out of me tbh)

Id picked up my mealies and thought id get some locusts as well to vary my little geckos diets and i thought id see what they had in the way of reptiles, a large range of lovely bearded dragons looked in very good health ranging from babies right through to adult's, however i did see a couple of leopard geckos that sort of sprung a bit of 'omg thats bad' in my mind,

the leopard geckos two of them kept in a viv literally the size of a shoe box (both of them around a year old or so) one was shedding heavily and had a graze on its head, i flagged this to one of the staff members (ricky) and he quite politely informed me that the graze was part of a shed that the gecko had pulled off itself, and that it had been treated, but they both looked extremely thin and i didnt like what i saw, this aside i cannot fault the rest of the animals all healthy very full of life and looked very well looked after,

if i had 130 pounds to spend i would have taken the shedding gecko and its room mate with me and cared for them myself,

however this aside i highly recommend viking aquatics to anyone in the ipswich area, The man i spoke to was called Rickie and was very polite and informative on all the questions i asked him,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.