Reptile Forums banner

how much would u pay for this lot..

1K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Daredevil 
#1 ·
6 foot okeetee corn snake
5 foot tank (not sure whether its a viv or a tank, but im betting on a tank)
Bag of woodchip (nearly full)
30 chicks

A guy across the road is selling this lot, eats well, sheds well, doubt it comes with a stat n that so may have to buy that....

anyone?

not defo getting it, just seeing how much he charges in comparison to what its worth....

#3 ·
an adult okeetee could fetch easily around the 100quid mark, is it a reverse :)whistling2: been looking for one for ages, gorgeous things), the vivs you can make so easily and cheaper yourselves nowdays so id say anything around 150 would be a good price..how much is he selling it for?
just a thought, are the chicks being sold as well because its only being fed on chicks, or are they just a random extra?!

#5 ·
its an open top tank, chicks are an extra, he said its an okeetee, red orange and brown......thats all, i dont know about corns though, wants 70 quid for the lot....

#7 ·
what else could it be, ive got apic but cant be assed 2 put it up....its on a facebook site....

#9 ·
hmm to be honest an open top tank for a snake is crappo, you spend all that money heating the thing only for it to escape through the top! pesonally id have it in a smaller viv..if the man says its just red brown and black it could just be a really nice normal..post a pic post a pic!

#12 ·
I'd offer him £30-£40 for the snake, ditch the tank and the chicks. An open top tank probably means a glass one. Get a nice 48 x 18 x 18" wooden viv for it instead and life will be much easier :)

#14 ·
pic

okay corn snake lovers this is the pic, but its the only one and crap, so wor it out from this...and let me know if tis still all worth 70 quid!

#17 ·
pic

okay this is the only pic is it still all worth 70 quid

#19 ·
sounds like a normal,with a overly huge tank.you will really have to get a smaller one i think.if it is a male,the normals can go as low as £25,if it`s a female,the cheapest are £40,and if it is a okeetee you`re quids in lol.if you have a tank ask to buy it without the existing one for £40

#20 ·
looks like a normal to me offer him 50 and see what he says also have you seen the tank as some people say 5 foot when its realy 4 foot

#21 ·
okay, no not seen the tank but i seen this kid grow up, doubt he wud lie about the size of the tank....plus his mum was the one putting it up for sal en she is an old family friend

not that into corns tbh, was just wondering, gotta tell him tonight if i want it or not

anyone else want it?

coz the way i see it, im gonna be paying 70 for a tank i cant use, a heatbulb i wont use, which means im gonna have to buy a viv, a stat etc, so 70 is a rip off really?

So how much would you offer for the snake n the heatmat?

coz them i can use/have?

got a rub i can put the snake in for now, n can get a stat later on 2nite..

#23 ·
id offer 40 and if u really want it go up to 50..but it sure isnt 6 foot..at the end of the day, do u really want this snake?

Best point made on this thread so far. No point having a snake your not really that bothered about just cause its for sale local/ know the person selling it. Im sure he'd be able to find another home with someone who wants a corn.

If you do really want it then ignore this post lol.

#24 ·
i always think of it in this way - do i really want it? because at the end of the day, its still gona take up space, still gona cost u money regardless of who you bought it from and for what deal..if a few months down the line u wanted something else, then what would you do? If im 'so so' about something, i normally say no..

#25 ·
well its not that i know him, its just you cant sell snakes where i live, believe me ive tried, ive got people tryna sell ME snakes coz no one else will have them , plus i know that id be able to give it a proper home and care, as most snakes ive bought havent been looked after properly, the last royal i got was in a fish tank with a piece of wood on the top, with a heatmat covering the full base, not on a stat, with a heatbulb, she had a burn on her head from the bulb......i know this snake (corn) isnt being kept n the best conditions...i doubt its mistreated as such, but i know i could give it a better life...i think im too much of a sucker for animals needing homes....

My brother also has a royal i want to adopt, its in a 3 foot fish tank, with a unguarded bulb, not on a stat, a heatmat not on a stat, but his girlfriend wont let me have it, depsite protest from him.....i even offered money for it.

#26 ·
okeetee's always seem to have brighter oranges, my reverse okeetee i had was realy bright, it looks normal to me as well,

you can have every snake just because you think you can give it a better home, it doesnt work like that!

good luck

#27 ·
okeetee's always seem to have brighter oranges, my reverse okeetee i had was realy bright, it looks normal to me as well,

you can have every snake just because you think you can give it a better home, it doesnt work like that!

good luck
yeah true , true, will probs say no, i dont kow, gonna go look at it tonight n se what its like, who knows i might like it!

#28 ·
Hiya
This is just a suggestion, but, You would be best asking what it eats...... chicks have no real nutritional value and corns get easily addicted to them.

#29 ·
well when i spoke to him he said "always takes a mouse straight away" so i dont know, and ill make sure to ask, my royal would only eat chicks for a while....but shes fine now...eats a mouse or rat every week :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.