Reptile Forums banner

Water bowls for boas

348 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  grannykins 
#1 ·
My boa loves to soak, and now needs to go up a size in water bowls. I'm going to use a plastic tub, but what I wanted to know was- as she grows and the water bowls 'grow' to accommodate her, how do I get a heavy water bowl out of the viv to change the water? I can fill it while its in there using a jug - do I just scoop the water out the same way? She is not that big yet, but the issue will arise at some point.

#2 ·
You dont need to fill it right up - just enough for her to soak in - if it is still too heavy then a jug or syphon I guess

#3 ·
hey granny yeah simlar problem to me im useing thes deep long buckets that they seem to like but like you say your having to empty it slowly with a jug,

im afraid it has to be done. there will be some1 cleverer than me lol who has better ideas

str8 in there sharp strain

#4 ·
Thanks - jug it will be then.

#5 ·
although i may have a little point what would i to do if i have a large boid who isnt perticaly nice and i have to try and empty a big bucket of water be4 getting tagged? oh the joys are to come :no1:

#6 ·
Hi
We use large cat litter trays, but only fill a wee bit with water,and place a heavy stone,or brick in the middle.This not only stops it from being overturned,but raises the water level ,allowing your boa to soak around the stone....if you see what i mean.
Hope this helps
Heather

#7 ·
Thats one to think about - thanks.

#8 ·
what about drilling a hole in the tub / bucket then use a hose from a garden shop or aquitics shop, seal it in the 'water hole' with aquatics sealent and you put a bung in the end of the hose and pull the bung out when you need to empty it?

just a thought, may be bit of hassle at first but would save time and mess in the long run. (may be?)

#9 ·
Sami has an excellent solution to getting these massive water bowls emptied/filled up.What she does is shout at her fella (hello :) ) to get his ass off the settee and come up to the snake room. You then (with a bit of leg wobbling and cussing) remove the water bowl, open a window and empty the water out of it :) give the bowl a clean and top up with fresh water from the bucket that was carried up stairs by your OH. Simple ;)

#10 ·
I like it - may use this one -lol - (why cant I use the smilies any more?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.