Reptile Forums banner

snake not eating

324 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ozyshane 
#1 ·
hey my 3 yr old corn snake has suddenly stopped eating, when i give her the food she isnt even interested in it. she hasnt eaten for 3 weeks now she isnt shedding or anything like that and the temps are right.

i know snakes can go a long time without eating im just concerned because it was a very sudden change she went from eating like normal to not eating at all

can anyone tell me what the problem might be or any ideas on how to get her interested in the food again

#3 ·
My female corn has gone off eating but she has just hit maturity might be due to the seasons. I think its breeding season for corns???? that may be why

#5 ·
i thought that it might be to do with breeding but my other female of the same age is fine so i doubted myself and i did try to read the feeding tips but my computer kept saying that the page couldnt be displayed, how long can she go without feeding before i should be concerned?

xxx

#6 ·
have u tryed splittin the head of the mouse ?? or warming it up slightly in ur hands??
that might help it does with mine:)

#7 ·
Did anything change in the room where you have the snake that could have upset her?
lighting, music, loud noise?

#9 ·
winter snooze time!

I agree with Ian, although a lot of colubrids will feed right through the winter some will key into the seasons and go off feed in preparation for a winter rest.
If she's missed 3 weeks her gut will be empty and you can cool her down.

#10 ·
ive had this problem (not interested in food) with one of my corns for about a month or so, but after reading a post on here i tried putting a mouse in warm water for a soak then dipping the nose in hot water, and my corn had it finished within minutes.it could be worth a try.then like others have said it may just be that time of year..good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.