Reptile Forums banner

royal not pooping

578 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  LEdwards 
#1 ·
hello my 9 month old royal hasnt had a crap for atleast 1 month now which to me seems unusual as he eats every week with an appropiate sized rat. Is this anything to be concerned about or is this normal? thanks

#4 ·
you could try giving the snake a warm bath and see if it has a turd in the bath but it is not uncommon for snakes to go a while without pooing. i know someone but i forget who it was on hear, there snake went a lot longer than a month with out doing its buissiness

#6 ·
Maybe its a good idea to have a little water spray in there every now and then.. or even a humidity box full of sphagnum moss. All snakes need humidity weather it be 50% or 90%.. but i would advise not letting it get below 50% for a royal.. krank the humidity up, maybe about 75% for now, and after he poops you should keep royals around 60% and maybe put his face over the bowl just to make sure he can see there is water. And put it this way, If we never drank, dont you think it would be a little difficult to digest food? I think just the moisture in the air would help this.. but i wouldnt get too conserned about it. Constipation can be quite common in snakes.. but dont take this advice 100% of the way. You never know there could be something wrong.. have you checked the vents? Just hope this helps :)

#9 ·
Well there it is :D Hes in shed.. they usualy poop right after their shed if its been a while ^^ But definatly have more humidity if hes in shed!! Its a must do. If its too dry, eye caps might not come off after the shed and its really not a nice experience taking them off. I would say, keep his humidity at a constant 60%, and when hes in shed boost it up to about 75% to help :) and consider the humidity box full of moss. Does help so they have the choice of more humidity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.