Reptile Forums banner

These darn plastic plants!!!

1K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  bluerain 
#1 ·
Hi guys, doing a bit of viv decorating and wondered how you get these plants secured to wooden vivs without using tape or piercing big holes in the side. Its ok with glass vivs with the suckers on the plants but hows it best done in the wooden ones? help please lol

#4 ·
suction cups, most hardware stores sell them, a lot of plants come with the on. although i rarely use them, what i do is have jungle vine or branches and wrap the plants around that, if the plants arent wirey enough to wrap securely then u use a but of brown packing tape to secure it which blends in with the colour of the vine and plants.

#6 ·
suction cups, most hardware stores sell them, a lot of plants come with the on. although i rarely use them, what i do it have jungle vine or branches and wrap the plants around that, if the planes arent wirey enough to wrap securely then u use a but of brown packing tape to secure it which blends in with the colour of the vine and plants.
I always assumed those suction cups only fixed to glass tanks? Will they stick to wood??

#5 ·
I'd like some ideas on this myself - I have mostly wooden vivs and would love to have plants on the walls/ceilings and not always have to tangle them round branches and things...

Don't want to go as far as using superglue or anything like that...but not really comfortable about using tape in a snake viv either!

#8 ·
yeah i only ever tried them on glass so far, i just wrap the plants round jungle vine, works well for me. ooh i just thought of a good one, u know them hooks u can get, plastic ones that have sticky foam stuff on the back, u just stick them on, dunno how strong they are but worth a go i guess.

#12 ·
alot of hanging plants have a long metal wire in the top section, so iv hooked mine through the air vents, does slightly limit where you can put them.

#15 ·
I do the same : victory:

I've also got small bits of bark from trees in the local woods and have pushed the stem of the plants through to make stands for the plants.

#14 ·
i just drill a small pilot hole (not all the way through the viv) and screw little hooks into them. If your worried about humidity getting into the wood, epoxy resin the join. they look fine when covered with a plant, strong, cheap, if you want them gone just unscrew them and fill the hole with silicone. job done : victory:

#21 ·
I use non-toxic silicone!...works a treat!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.