Reptile Forums banner

ROYAL woop!

998 views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  smurple 
#1 ·
Im going to livefoodsbypost to put a deposit on a royal! They havent even had their first feed yet! £49.99 (specail price for people who dont mind getting one who hasent had many feeds) picking up in two weeks! :no1::whip:
Ill post pics of the little guy when i get back going to pick it at 4pm!
he said they
Hope i pick a female (i know i cant sex it!) But males are funny with me or pervy! still have evidence of their yolk sacs on their bellies!
so they real babies! :mf_dribble:

#2 ·
Have you had royals before?

If they haven't had a feed yet, I personally wouldn't be overly keen on buying them... they're not established feeders, which isn't great for a first-time royal owner.

Of course, if you've owned royals and tetchy feeders before, you shouldn't have any trouble with them.

#6 ·
£50 is a good price for a CB thats had a good few feeds.

If they are CF then I wouldnt touch them until fed a few times and certainly not before then.

#8 ·
No, £50 for a good feeding CB is a fine price to pay from someone who's bred them.

Shops sell them for more around £70+

CFs are cheaper...

#15 ·
I wouldnt want too do it yet anyway, i didnt think you could at this age?

#14 ·
iv had a few royals before : victory: so dont worry too much!
I trust them two they are realy good and i know if i run into any problems i have the forum and they are across the road
they will have fed before i get them to make sure they feed well
The thing is, i cant find any hatchlings on the island for that price so
and neil said they are realy nice pythons :) and i trust his opinion
and atleast this way im close to them, i know if i have a problem they will help! :)
and i get first pick witch is allways good :no1:
also as im going to breed other reps and theese in the future i need to get used to the babies not feeding (though i think itll be a good feeder im allways lucky... with reptiles anyway)
And the reptiles! are pervy! Our milksnake has decided that my bra strap is rather interesting, The gecko that darting down my cleavage is nice and snug, and the beardie sits there on my boobs and wont budge! :bash: bloody males! :whistling2:

#20 ·
And the reptiles! are pervy! Our milksnake has decided that my bra strap is rather interesting, The gecko that darting down my cleavage is nice and snug, and the beardie sits there on my boobs and wont budge! :bash: bloody males! :whistling2:
and yet, strangely, no photographics proof! lol ;)

and in reply to the shop, HERE HERE. I personally think that the MINIMUM price for any snake should be £100, bet there would be less poorly thought out purchases then.

Oh, and of all the Royals I have looked after (circa 15 so not a huge number) the CF ones have had the best feeding history, and been the healthiest, longest etc etc

Anyone else think the CF v CB arguement was created by local breeders?

#18 ·
Our Royals are 09 CF royals, we charge £49.99 to anyone who is experienced with royals who wants to take one and do the hard work, why - because we prefer to do the hardwork ourselves get them as established feeders and then at about 3 months old they retail at £89.99.

when setting our prices (not that i really need to justify this on here) we take into account the fact that we live on an island that has no Royal Python breeders living on it! And anybody wanting to visit the mainland Uk has to pay about £70 to take a car over or £20 to go over as a foot passenger.

Add this to the fact that wholesalers are turning out this years CF09 royals at £39.99, and the main importers are not releasing pythons in quantities smaller than 25's as they are choosing to hold them back and to sell them as established feeders this year.

Plus the fact that the last lot of CB royals we bought were inferior to the CF's (mites, underweight and non feeders).

Plus the fact out of our selling price comes 15% Vat (£7.50) plus income tax and all the other overheads....

Plus the seller gets a lifetime of FREE support, advice, help, etc etc, and the ability to pay their snake off in instalments... I really dont think £49.99 is a lot to ask...

I really cant understand why everyone seems to think the way forward for this hobby is to constantly undervalue everything..

and before anybody starts on the whole CF vs CB debate, the CF royals that we buy are fantastic quality and have never had a problem with them...

Of course if anybody knows a Royal Python breeder who wants to sell to a shop on the Isle of Wight at CF prices with the same quality snakes i will gladly take them up on it.

rant over...:Na_Na_Na_Na:

#21 ·
Surely the CF animals will have a stronger bloodline having not been inbred in captivity, and as i'm aware arent captive farm animals just eggs that have been taken from the wild and hatched in captivity?
which makes what difference to a CB animal..aside from the fact that they've been flown in?
I have chosen one of these Pythons too (we picked two - one dot & one striped) They appear to be very healthy and active and of a good weight, with some very nice colouration (for a normal)

I understand at this price you take a risk of a fussy-feeder, but its something we're capable of dealing with.

They also have the loveliest adult CRB on hold for me until I get my new place. :) :mf_dribble:

#23 ·
got them both feeding now, one is a viscious strike feeder the other likes you to walk it around in front of them using tweezers... lmao
both on fuzzies so yay ftw :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.