Reptile Forums banner

breedring corns

285 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  gledhillhx2 
#1 ·
i bred my corns this year and she layed 14 eggs but they all went off, she is about 3 4 years old she has bred be for and layed 1 eggs and 16 hatched out fine and lived, but now she layed them she seems to be getting fater again and geting heavy, asif she gona lay sum more it this pos ? or and she layed the eggs like a month early could this have owt to do with them goig off, and iam breeding her with a dif male now, do any have you no how coe they all went ooff and so early ?
thanks gary

#3 ·
When you say they went off what so you mean exactly? Slugs, collapsed, moldy, just failed to hatch?

As for getting fatter again it isnt uncommon for corns to double clutch so they lay one clutch then if still heavy enough go straight into developing a second clutch.

#4 ·
yes all 14, they was all white a that when she layed them they all just collapsed and wnet moldy, n black, 17 lay 17 be for and 16 hatched, and did what i did last year and thay was 1st times she had been breed, but it a dif male now, would that haveany fink to doo with this, cheers gary

#6 ·
yes its very possible.. its called double clutching. These are usually a lot smaller than the 1st one, so maybe expect about 7-8 eggs?.
dont take this the wrong way, it sounds as though you have not incubated correctly..
if the eggs were perfect, its very unusual to lose them all like that without human error.
how were they incubated? what substrate did you use?, what temps? what kind of incubator? what did you use to measure the temps?
what was the humidity?/ got any pics??
we can probably help you get the next lot right.

#7 ·
it was an homemade incubator, made out off polystyrene box i used vermiculite, and a digital thermometer it was reading in the 83f, and humidity was 80,i did the same thing as i did last year and all went fine :S, how long is it normaly be for they lay normal again if she is going to ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.