Reptile Forums banner

new to handling a snake

800 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  VikkiGT4 
#1 ·
Hi

i was wondering if anyone has got any tips to make it easier for me to pick up my baby corn. He is very skittish, which i know is to be expected from a baby. Plus i'm new to all this myself.

which is why i was wondering if anyone can help with some tips please.

thanks

murielh240

#2 ·
Just be confident as they can tell if your a bit nervous... Honestly, I a bit weary when I got my first corn but you realise pretty quick their cheecky little habits :lol2:

#3 ·
I would just be confident and pick up your snake. If you are scared and hesitate the snake can pick up on this and makes the snake skittish. With more handling it will become easier to handle your snake.

Only other thing would be to come from the side and not from above to pick up your snake. If you could from above it may think your a predator.

(Don't be afraid of being bitten by a baby corn snake it does not hurt!)

#11 ·
Hi

i was wondering if anyone has got any tips to make it easier for me to pick up my baby corn. He is very skittish, which i know is to be expected from a baby. Plus i'm new to all this myself.

which is why i was wondering if anyone can help with some tips please.

thanks

murielh240
car trouble :whip::whip:

#12 ·
As has already been said - be nice and calm and confident.

If you think he's getting scared in his tub - get more hides. The more the better - doesn't matter if the tub looks a mess. You should see what my BRBs tub looks like. It's tiny with a hide, a water bowl, a box of moss and cork bark all piled up - she loves it in there:flrt:

#14 ·
oh and believe me if he bites you won't even know - you'll just see him strike (if you're watching :D)

feels like someone has slightly tapped you with the tip of their finger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.