Reptile Forums banner

Royal problem.. And not the usual..

778 views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Python-man 
#1 ·
This may be hard to explain..
Our female royal just shed with us for the first time. She had a bit of shed that hadn't come off under her chin, so we popped her in the bath, the shed came off nicely.

She also pooped in the bath, first time in the 4 months we've had her.
But there's something weird.. it really looks like she pooed stones!

4 or 5 hard stone like things came out along with white squidgy stuff and liquid.

We've been poking one of the 'stones' and it sort of crunched open, feels sort of like sand.

Another thing, there was blood in her poo. When we looked, a small white thing had come out too, that has blood on it.

It looks like the 'shell' to her spurs or something. But the blood has worried me..

I'll be uploading pictures in a minute, takes ages from a phone.

Can anyone help? We normally only witness corns poo, so I don't know what's normal!

Anyone help?!

See less See more
#2 ·
Normally the white and yellow balls that come out with the poo is urates but never seen blood on it so maybe someone else can help more.

#4 ·
Have checked her over and there are no open wounds and no marks anywhere, although strangely some of her scales on her head and saddles have turned white.

#5 ·
is that what those dry white things are?! i've been finding them with my royal and thought it was dried out sap or something from the wood! they look kinda like calcium, my hubby thought that the snake had dissolved and pooped out the bones of her feed! intriguing...

hope every thing is okay with yours though OP

#6 ·
It could just be that she's bunged up for a while and the bath has released it for her, that would prob explain why it's dry when broken. The blood could be from passing a solid dry mass (happened to my freinds royal) . Check out her vent area and keep a close eye on it over the next week or so, keep her on paper towel then you know it's clean and you can moniter everything.

#7 ·
Blimey Python-Man??????????????????????

I know you said the photos would be a while coming as the phone is slow, but over 4 hours on?????????????? How much longer LOL. :lol2:

Mo. :)

#9 · (Edited)
So far the lumps look fine. You have a mixture of brown poo ones,and the others are uric acid lumps which crunch up like sand, and come in an array of colours on the outside, green grey yellow white and a few others. They should however always be white on the inside. The poo lumps do look very hard though and could easily have caused a small breed on the inside which should heal with no problems.

I bet your snake feels very relieved now and hopefully you will too. :2thumb:

Must ask you something now. At the very bottom edge of the photo, and about mid way across the bottom there is a funny white thing that looks like a worm? Can you confirm anything please?

#11 ·
I think it's way past this old girls bed time Rachel. I read your reply as this thread pulled up from the past, not the white thing. It took me a while to click. Poor me, and perhaps this is where I start to feel sorry for any mates I have. :lol2::blush:
Mo. x

PS I think you could well be right too. :notworthy:

#15 ·
Hi again Python-Man. :)

Oh dear I feel very sorry for you now, and perhaps a little for Rachel. Here's hoping I can explain this well enough without going into my special language which very few understand.

The type of pulled thread I referred to is one like this thread you started, only someone pulled one from the archives from ages back.

The type of pulled thread Rachel refers to is that of when you get a pull/snag in your jumper for example. In other words a pulled thread.

I see I have scored well in confusing you whilst trying so hard to be helpful.
Sorry. :blush:

Neither are to do with a problem with your snake. :blush: Just Ladies chitter chatter, which you sadly are in the middle of. LOL

#16 ·
It's a White thing, looks sort of like her spurs, oh and the pulled thread could be because I put the tub on a duvet, so it probably is a pulled thread.

#19 ·
Thank you guys for your help, has put my mind at rest, and will look up seminal plugs so I know what I'm dealing with.
Thanls again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.