Reptile Forums banner

From bad feeders to ....

1K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  PrimalUrges 
#1 ·
These are the lastest pictures of two of my slow feeders. These guys had to be fed pinky mice scented with fish before they went near them... they are now on to a fuzzy mouse a week and going REALLY well !!!

This one appears to be male. I love his unsual pattern though..

And I believe this one is female ...

See less See more
#3 ·
These are the lastest pictures of two of my slow feeders. These guys had to be fed pinky mice scented with fish before they went near them... they are now on to a fuzzy mouse a week and going REALLY well !!!

This one appears to be male. I love his unsual pattern though..

And I believe this one is female ...

Very nice steve :) loving the lil male :)
paula x

#16 ·
Fresh spratts from Morrisons mate. I defrosted the fish first, then cut a slit along the length of it then put the pinkies inside the fish to defrost. Worked a treat.

I'd be interested to know of others trying it actually as I have heard many have had success with prawns.

#19 ·
Those are some mighty-funky-looking pencils you've got in your pencil boxes, Steve.

Glad to hear they're going well for you - especially that little guy with the nifty pattern.

I just wish they STAYED that colour instead of going dark.

#23 ·
well it was pretty easy but you wont believe me

here we go....................

my granfather was french and kept alot of snake and also made a living from breeding them many many years ago....anyway...as a result a i have french cousins...they also ahve the love for snakes...they also eat alot of pate...mainly the ardennes pate, he was checking how his new lycophidion capense loveridgei and it was in a fishtank enclosure with slide on lid...he was eatting pate on toast as looking into it and abit fell off. the snake shot out of its hide and went striaght for it.

he tried to feed it different things the next few weeks,rodents,frogs and so on and it would take anything so just out of couriousity he scented a pinkie with this same pate and it took to it striaght away...grandulay he weaned it onto just rodents.

that same year he told me that i had just gotten by first breeding group of fordonia leucobalia and was having trouble getting hold of fresh crab. this was like 7 years ago and just seemed harder to get.,,,and i noticed we had crab pate in and remember my cousin telling me...it seemed unlikely but i used some of that scented on a peice of trout and it worked brillantly...i did this for a few weeks before i managed to get them onto pinkies without even needing crabs...at this time i also had some hognoses that were only eatting scented toads and this was at a struggle as they would feed 1 out of 5 times...but when i was using crab pate on these f.
leucobalia the hogs were going mad....so i tried them and wham, they striked at it.

and thats how...pretty crap story hey :lol2:

#24 ·
well it was pretty easy but you wont believe me

here we go....................

my granfather was french and kept alot of snake and also made a living from breeding them many many years ago....anyway...as a result a i have french cousins...they also ahve the love for snakes...they also eat alot of pate...mainly the ardennes pate, he was checking how his new lycophidion capense loveridgei and it was in a fishtank enclosure with slide on lid...he was eatting pate on toast as looking into it and abit fell off. the snake shot out of its hide and went striaght for it.

he tried to feed it different things the next few weeks,rodents,frogs and so on and it would take anything so just out of couriousity he scented a pinkie with this same pate and it took to it striaght away...grandulay he weaned it onto just rodents.

that same year he told me that i had just gotten by first breeding group of fordonia leucobalia and was having trouble getting hold of fresh crab. this was like 7 years ago and just seemed harder to get.,,,and i noticed we had crab pate in and remember my cousin telling me...it seemed unlikely but i used some of that scented on a peice of trout and it worked brillantly...i did this for a few weeks before i managed to get them onto pinkies without even needing crabs...at this time i also had some hognoses that were only eatting scented toads and this was at a struggle as they would feed 1 out of 5 times...but when i was using crab pate on these f.
leucobalia the hogs were going mad....so i tried them and wham, they striked at it.

and thats how...pretty crap story hey :lol2:

It's a brilliant story mate. I love stories like that, it's how we learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.