Reptile Forums banner

Royal toilet frequency

714 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  SnakeyWakey 
#1 ·
Hi there.

A bit random, I know. I've only had my Royal for just over a week and a half. In that time, she's had 3 fuzzy's.
In this time, she has not produced any mess! There is evidence of urine deposits, but nothing else.

Every snake i've ever owned, or looked after, has usually produced some sort of fecal matter by now.

This is the 1st Royal i've owned. The previous ones I looked after, may have been cleaned out on the days I wasn't in charge.

So... is this common?

#3 ·
My royal seems to know when to poop as he does it on the 10th day of every month on the dot (yes only once a month) and yes I'm sad i keep a record of when he poops just in case there is something wrong with him

#4 ·
Wouldnt really worry they can go afew weeks....Mine always go the night after clean out day as well!!!!:bash:
Is it bulging abit down by its vents like it has little hips, thats usually a good sign they are brewing a nice big one for you!

If it gets to be a long time and you start to get worried then pop it in a nice bath and that usually works but have the cillit bang ready to clean the bath out after! LOLx

#5 ·
I have had my royal since January and she has pooped about 3-5 times. I was panicked because I have corns and they poo loads. My boa poops more than my royal

#13 ·
Had to laugh after commenting in this post yesterday I cleaned all my vivs. Put some lovely bamboo poles in with my royal just loose for her to slide through. She was extra active last night and surprise surprise she had gone in and done a huge poo inside her pole last night.... TYPICAL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.