Reptile Forums banner

cheap vivariums?

950 views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  chriscommunist 
#1 ·
Anouther thread sorry!
Right dose anywhere know anyone who dose vivariums, iv found somewhere that dose 2fts for £59.99 but thats without the light fittings ect is there anywhere cheaper? cheerz guys!

#3 ·
: victory:its a bit far away :\ id like one on the isle of wight (OR deliver cheaply!) anyone? thanks for your help though

#11 ·
How dare you dangle a sale over me! Im A WOMAN! :p sales are my thang (aparently) the main reason why was is either find somewhere i can pay off till october, or somewhere local who builds themselfs and ofcourse geting delivered to the island is a hard one at times :\
So are you going to let me have one on sale and pay bit by bit? i give you much love!:flrt:

Also with my A levels and college stoof next year im going to be rushed off my feet so i dont know how much time ill have to build things!

#7 ·
dont you have a builders yard near you?
get a cutting list sorted with your measurements on.,...if you want a 2ft cubed them its 600mm squared (600 by 600 ) then you have your substrate step which you want 600mm by something like 100mm.
they will cut this down to size for you, all you need to do is screw it together.
varnish it with yatch varnish....add your vents, this can be done with a coping saw if you dont have electric tools.

buy your glass runners and glass and fit them in and your done

£30 max.

#8 ·
Space is currently limited for building our own - not for much longer though!

although...i'm still trying to figure out how many walls will be snake racks!:lol2:

#10 ·
:)

hopefully will be breeding CRB's, milks and possibly variable kings in a few years.

so yep....a snake rack will be a necessary addition to my reptile room :)

hopefully might bring some in to visit at school next year.

#14 ·
Unfortunately yes... I'm guessing it would either be my Sinaloan milk, Male Royal or the female Rainbow Boa thats on the way....they are all super calm and relaxed :) and should have some weight behind them by early next year.

#17 ·
Um... Yuna (female royal) is lovely! why cant she be in the spot light? and Syd?!

Also, to do with the officals, aslong as you have a licance and all the reptiles are checked out it shouldnt be a problem, also over a size ect there is alot to look into, ill have the upperhand once im a teacher of course :whistling2:

#16 ·
Well no, I doubt the powers that be would be that impressed by the idea, but I'm sure I could persuade them.

...Besides, my sisters Science teacher at Cowes has a corn snake who he demonstrates strike feeding with to the kids ^_^

Mr Guest is VERY big on snakes by the way, has handled wild African rock pythons and boomslangs apparantly...!

#18 ·
Well no, I doubt the powers that be would be that impressed by the idea, but I'm sure I could persuade them.
I think you could find a way :).

Besides, my sisters Science teacher at Cowes has a corn snake who he demonstrates strike feeding with to the kids ^_^
Nice and safe :).

Mr Guest is VERY big on snakes by the way, has handled wild African rock pythons and boomslangs apparantly...!
Their is SO much you can not know about teachers! I have yet to find one who can code properly though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.