Reptile Forums banner

Reptile egg incubator

361 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  karlh 
#1 ·
Ok I bought this incubator which was intended for poultry eggs. It consists of a poly box with a view hole, small fan built into the lid and thermostat. Heating element is a small LED light and I have fiddled around and find it keeps accuarate temps.

This is where I may sound silly, but the constant on/off light won't effect the eggs will it? I wouldn't have thought so but didn't want to take a risk with the eggs.

Cheers.

#2 ·
basically its just like a hovabator....the light is the on/off stat.

it just be fine...just dont plug it into a socket that is shared with a pc. i found when the state changing the pc used to jump and freeze for a second

#3 ·
Thanks for that,one another thing is the humidity. The box dimensions are roughly 40cm x 20cm x 30cm height. Would it be better to place my eggs in a small RUB within the incubator or will they be fine? I may just fill the box with vermiculite for now and monitor the humidity.

#8 ·
possibly hognose's. will try breeding my garters but they are obviously live bearers. my house snakes are too young at the min.

#9 ·
so is ur female gravid?? i remember u sed u witnessed some copulation.

or are u preparing 4 after burmation??

also (sorry dont mean 2 hijack the thread, just a quick Q) i set up my polly box incubator with a pulse stat and temps rise 2 83.5 then down 2 79.7, the back up etc etc. r these temperature fluctuations ok??: victory:

#10 ·
Im just keeping an eye on her for now, if she isn't gravid i'll cool her down this winter. I'm just preparing that's all mate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.