Reptile Forums banner

Multi channel stats

603 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Freeman 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

we have currently developed a stat circuit for use with herps.

One problem I have had over the years with spiders and snakes is controlling the heat of lots of different set ups. It is an extortionate job to actually monitor individual tanks with lots of separate stats and to my knowledge there are only 2 channel variants available at present, which are only for use upto about 150W per channel.

At present we have a stat circuit designed and running on one of our snake tanks and it works as well as any habistat unit Ive ever come accross. We can dim or switch heaters to suit individual requirements.

We can custom make a stat with any number of channels. All I need from you to come up with a design is number of vivs/heaters you want to monitor and the power consumption of the mats/lamps/elements to be connected.

The sensor circuits are Low Voltage and all units are water resistant so your animals are safe around them.

If you have a room full of vivs then you would need to consider the position of the stat unit and get distances to the vivs so we can supply the correct length of lead for the sensor.

All units are 'plug and play' type devices.

Please PM me or call free on 0800 3 118 588 for further information.

Thanks

Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
With these multi-channel stats, will they need to control all of the heating equipment to the same temperature, or are they able to provide independent temperatures for each of the channels?

I am quite interested - it'd sort out some of the "electric spaghetti" I have in my reptile rooms - but, for example, one of the applications I am thinking of is for:

2 100-watt ceramics that need to provide a probe temperature of 90 degrees
1 100-watt ceramic that needs to provide a probe temperature of 85 degrees
1 60-watt ceramic that needs to provide a probe temperature of 95-99 degrees
2 40-watt bulbs that need to provide a probe temperature of 83 degrees

Would this be an application where your equipment would work, or am I better sticking with the current multiple-stat system I have for that part of that room?

#3 ·
It's a good idea but I would think twice ... if the unit breaks you suddenly have a cold collection .... I'd imagine a replacement unit would take some time to assemble seing as they'll be so customised.

#5 ·
The only way our units can make a cold collection is if the power fails as the sytems works utilising independant control for each channel. Power supply failure is as likely as a power failure to the entire house. Or a fuse blowing on the mains side of things. This is a risk whether our unit is in action or not.

Also this means any necessary repair work is 'plug and play' in a simple modular fashion due to the design of the circuits.

We do have future plans to develop this further with the inclusion of expanders. The only problem we realise with this is that if your loading goes over 13A you would need a dedicated supply running in. This runs inline with the uk mains socket outlet being 13A and our unit running off one of these as a standard idea. As we are approved electrical contractors aswell as engineers, our main concern is safe usage. Expanders are an option for future but we have to ensure that only a safe number are supplied.

#4 ·
Do you offer any sort of warranty on these and would it cover short notice on-site repairs?

Also could it be made expandable to accomodate future additions?

We could be interested if the price was right.

#6 ·
We do offer 12 months warranty on the units. We would call to site, even at short notice to carry out repairs as we know how valuble your animals are to you. I say this as a keeper of snakes and spiders myself.

Our freephone number will be on the units so we can instruct you on bypassing the unit should it be necessary so at least your animals wont go cold.

#7 ·
Bump up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.