Reptile Forums banner

just woke up to find my 09 male boa has mites

673 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Nix 
#1 ·
as in title, whats the best way to get rid of the mites i have washed all other rubs out with red hot water and now put him back in a clean rub with paper towl in the bottem so easyer to clean out also put a big dish of water in for him to lay in, i have a good few other snake as well they and not in the same rooms as one with mites,, can they still get to my other snakes ? also whats best mite treatment for snakes, will i have to treat all my other snake, i have no idear hhow i he got the mites :S and got any new snake handle them ofter and wash hands before i get next snake out, the one with mite in few rooms away from all other snake so i dont have a clue how he got them, any help would be great thanks

gary

#2 ·
hi mate i think there is a sticky on this at the top of the snake page

if im wrong there will be plenty of replies to help u out

#8 ·
Havent tried Frontline yet, but Provent a Mite was brilliant. You can mail order it of Glenn at Jungle Phase!!

#10 ·
I go for the Ardap method too.

#11 ·
Ardap for the viv - just make sure you ventilate out the fumes. Tepid water bath with a few drops of olive oil in it for snakey :) Easy treatment for all your snakes :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.