Reptile Forums banner

nearly empty nest syndrome,not in this house

1K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Jono2411 
#1 ·
maybe im just heartless,my 17 year old son moved out today to flat share with his mates,am i upset,,,no,,,am i missing him,,no,,,am i looking forward to turning his bedroom into my very own rep room,,,yesssssssssss,woohoo,cant wait,hubby told me couple months ago if i had rep room i could have whatever i wanted,,,omg,wonder if i can scrounge some cash off him too,sooooooo excited,,,sorry to rant but im sitting here with a face like a cheshire cat,,,ohhhh decisions,decisions ,decisions :lol2:

#3 ·
If you're heartless I dread to think what I am, I sold the house whilst eldest was in Uni and youngest in College! That was 5 yrs ago and I still don't get upset about them not being here, love to them and love to see them go just as much lol.

Empty nest syndrome what a waste of energy :whistling2:

#10 ·
i deff want another royal,cos they are cute,but would also like a pair of something else,just dont know what yet...thinking ahead with the room size and vivs i will need for boas as adults i can prob have a couple more 4 foot vivs,im not really into morphs,so any suggestions please guys

#11 ·
just a bit jealous lol. even harder when ur 15 and ur mum n dad arent too keen. one day ill have a rep room. as for suggestions, im a fan of royals but maybe u cud keep chodros, or carpet pythons, i also have taken a liking to mandarin ratsnakes. congrats, have fun : victory::(

#13 ·
my rep room is my bedroom! aside from what i already have, i have 2 stacks, 3 4x2x2s where i'll have dumeril male, dumeril female and ackie pair, the other one is 4 3'x18''x18'' that i still have to plan... then i'm gonna start planning my rub racks, i'll have defo 1 mabye two 3'x2' floor spaces (ceiling height, so might put a pair of arboreal enclousers!)
so much to plan!

#15 ·
How I'm with you on this thread - I was feeling so guilty too so glad it's not just me!

My eldest moved out with her partner - so everyone moved up a room so finally my snakies got their own room. Then they moved back for a year (financial problems) so poor snakies were poked here and there in every odd corner of the house. Now they're gone again and I can have my herp room back :2thumb:

#17 ·
If we are talking heartless, I think I definately qualify!!:whistling2:

I found out my husband had been cheating at the end of May and threw him out, with in the space of a week I had converted the spare room he had been using for a mini recording studio into my rep room!!:lol2:

When he left I had 3 snakes, 2 tortoises and a chameleon (I wasn't allowed any more), now look at what I have and I don't plan to stop there!!! Reptiles are so much more rewarding than husbands!!:lol2:

#18 ·
thats great,well done,yes they are deff more rewarding than husbands and after spending ALL of today sorting out the bedrooms they are a lot cleaner/tidier than kids,my 8 year old now has the middle bedroom which has left me with a 9x7 room for my snakeys,prob is im too shattered to move the vivs tonight :lol2:

#20 ·
Our youngest is hoping to move out at the end of the year and guess what, we're moving into his room and then our bedroom will be my new snake room. Right now I am running out of space and falling over things in the existing room. I have to say he's not very impressed that if he moves back he'll have to go into the little room instead of his old one, but things move on!

#22 ·
haha that's awesome :D
As long as he is still allowed back home I'm sure it's not that heartless :lol2:

We need pics when you do it though!
oh yes,he can return anytime he want to,he would have to share a room with my 8 year old though lol,im not stripping those rooms out again,,,and i reckon as ive got my own room now,which hubby wont ever go in (cos hes chicken) he wont know if and when i get more,although he did say i could but he would prob try and limit me,this way he wont have a clue

#25 ·
I moved out my mum and dad's house about 6 months ago now, my mum has visited me once, but has been to my house 4 times, 3 of the times i wasn't in. So no prizes for guessing if she misses me or the snakes more :lol2:

#26 ·
My mum was gutted when I moved out of home cause my snake (which has now sadly passed on - I got her as a rehome) went with me. Now I have a bunch of reps and I'm giving mum a crestie for christmas. She desperately wants one but her hubbie says no. We bought her a dog he wouldn't let her buy one but as it was a gift he let her keep it :) If for some reason the crestie plan doesn't work out he can come back to my house :D I think he doesn't agree with spending money out to buy pets but is happy to keep them.

My ex wasn't happy with reps but when I ditched him for cheating (after 6 years) I moved into a new house and can have as many reps as I can afford. The new man loves them which is a bonus!

Empty nest - nah, full of reptile babies instead!

I don't think you should feel guilty at all!

#27 ·
Oh I am so pleased for you, you've wanted that rep room for ages! well done!

i deff want another royal,cos they are cute,but would also like a pair of something else,just dont know what yet...thinking ahead with the room size and vivs i will need for boas as adults i can prob have a couple more 4 foot vivs,im not really into morphs,so any suggestions please guys
Oh yes, two more royals I reckon! you know you want to.
hows about carpets or retics? a nice BRB?

If we are talking heartless, I think I definately qualify!!:whistling2:

I found out my husband had been cheating at the end of May and threw him out, with in the space of a week I had converted the spare room he had been using for a mini recording studio into my rep room!!:lol2:

What a (cant say on open forum) of a man!
Ah well least you have your reps now.

When he left I had 3 snakes, 2 tortoises and a chameleon (I wasn't allowed any more), now look at what I have and I don't plan to stop there!!! Reptiles are so much more rewarding than husbands!!:lol2:
I still like my hubby more than my snakes, buit the line is getting thinner! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.