Reptile Forums banner

Anacondas Yellows and Greens

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Adam_R 
#1 ·
well i recently ggt myself a yellow anaconda and just wandering how you all keep yours ,and also this thread is a place for anyone who keeps condas green or yellow to post pics of snake and setups and discuss anything to do with condas as i know there are a few conda keepers hiding on this forum who tend to pop up every so often :p

so ill startt of i have a young 09 (i think) yellow anaconda a bit snapy but calming down he is called "rocky"

SO COME ON LETS SEE YOUR ANACONDAS :no1:

See less See more
#3 ·
greens or yellow ?will help people awnser you q mate :)

#6 ·
yellows (females) max at roughly 10ft ish
Greens Females max at roughly 14-16ft

male yellows around 6-8ft
male greens 8-9ft

thats what research has taught me though but greens are alot larger than yellows :)

#7 ·
I have two greens both simple set-ups; hide, newspaper substrate and water source (too small to bath in).

I'm glad Anacondas exist, they cured any "addiction" I might have had in the hobby.

BTW the "max" lengths are probably incorrect; I'd say those are general guidelines not maximums.

One thing to note in Anacondas is the massive sexual dimorphism in favour of the females. Also the mass gain during their lifetime is hard to beat by any other animal.

#13 ·
I have two greens both simple set-ups; hide, newspaper substrate and water source (too small to bath in).

I'm glad Anacondas exist, they cured any "addiction" I might have had in the hobby.

BTW the "max" lengths are probably incorrect; I'd say those are general guidelines not maximums.

One thing to note in Anacondas is the massive sexual dimorphism in favour of the females. Also the mass gain during their lifetime is hard to beat by any other animal.
hey mate i was not saying these were max i was saying them as rough guidline sizes :):2thumb:

#11 ·
I'm not an expert but once you have a green anaconda for any substantial time you think "WTF is everyone talking about?". I have a suspected WC green and it did bite at first - it would never strike like some pythons etc. but push bite. It was always hand-able and now hasn't bitten since.

I guess it is because the majority are WC, but they don't retain any of the attitude like Afrocks keep in my (limited) experience.

#15 ·
i keep my 7foot yellow in a 4x2x2 viv with a hide, a small water bowl and a large shallow tub with shredded newspaper like a "fake water hole" so she can satisfy her need to hide and feel invisible as they would in water but without the hygene issues and risk of infection.
my 08 has just gone into a 2.5x1.5 viv with pretty much the same setup.
i dont usually allow to soak except when ready to shed.

and yes yellows are among the most nervous snakes i have ever worked with, however with the right approach mine have become tolerant of handling as long as you stay calm and dont over do it they can become manageable and some can indeed become very tame.

#16 ·
just want to check my size idea is rite my male yellow should reach around 6ft?or should i be expecting more 8ft ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.