Reptile Forums banner

Oh no! Could thos be scale rot :(

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Melonhelmet 
#1 ·
This is my 5 week old baby carolina corn. I really hope this isnt scale rot and it just his coloring. He's on aspen, hot end is 87f cold en is 75f, measured with an infered temp gun. Hes/she has been eatin well, in the short time he/she has been with me it has eaten two pinkies (one every five days):

Heres the Little sod:

Closer shot:

Some underbelly pics:

(What concerns me is how the black chercerd spots fade to red in the middle a bit... Just coloration?)

More Pics:

See less See more
#2 ·
i'm no expert but one of my corns has the same colouring and shes 3 months old, feeding well and shed twice since i have had her, so i'm hoping thats normal co shes always been the same!.

#4 ·
top half of the belly black and white checker then the rest go slightly red with the background going orangey, she seems ok eating two pinkies every 7 days and is over 1ft so i'm hoping its normal

#5 ·
cant see anything wrong myself.

#19 ·
My thoughts exactly!! It"s just his natural checkerboarding your seeing. Scale rot presents as water filled blisters..Your corn is A-OK!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.