Reptile Forums banner

Best way to get an accurate measurement?

649 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  clob91 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what method people use to get an accurate measurement of the length of their snakes? I find it nearly impossible to get them to stay straight!

I've never got an accurate measurement. I kinda just measure them when they are out and about and almost at full stretch, and then just add a few cm's for any parts of the body that aren't fully straight.

I suppose a good method would be to use some string, follow the snake head to tail with the string and then measure that, but I'd like to see how everyone else does it :2thumb:

#2 ·
ssistho on here told me of the snake measurer on the net. i tried it and got a measurement of two feet 9 inches for my king, didn't think she was that big, but did it three times and it was bang on each time

having a good laugh at you trying to stretch out a snake and amke it stay still

#5 ·
However accurate chopping might be sounds a bit messy and i don't want to have to buy the glue to stick them back together :whistling2:

Do you have the link for the snake measure on the net April?

#14 ·
I use a pieces of string and follow the shape of my snake, then measuere the string at the end

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.