Reptile Forums banner

Have I hurt her?

338 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KP_Berkshire 
#1 ·
Just had my first escapee experience and found my nelsons milk hiding at the very back of the futon. However, I pulled a box away in order to get to her and trapped her tail with a piece of metal attached.

Feel UNBELIEVABLY terrible right now, but there is no blood and after a few minutes she calmed down and was back to her normal self. Do I just assume that all is well or should I get her checked out?

I can't believe how guilty I feel!!:eek:mg:

What would you do?

#2 ·
jeez what a day! bonus that you found it tho!

id suggest monitering for any abnormal behaviour, make sure its moving around ok, drinking water etc..

id also leave it for a day or two to settle back into its home but then def make sure you handle her, feel along her body for any kinks or unusual marks, get it to feel comfortable being held again.

and i guess if you have any doubts contact a vet just to be sure.

#4 ·
Trapped as in pulled the sharp metal bar right across her body. Nothing broken, nothing kinked and no blood. No point in putting a pic up as you can't see anything on her to suggest she is injured in any way.

I'll leave her for 24 hours or so and see what the response is - although I'm expecting a pretty large bite next time she smells me!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.