Reptile Forums banner

Ardap

535 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  foggy01.1983 
#1 ·
Hi I was just wondering how effective ardap is?

My mate keeps crickets and some occasionaly escape from his viv. I was wondering if he sprays ardap outside the viv on the carpet would it kill any escapees, or would it have no effect?

Cheers in advance
Steve

#5 ·
Yes that was what I was thinking unless it was sprayed directly on to them

I had a major cricket escape not so long ago and was told after that flee stuff is one of the only things that kills them quickly. Not sure how reliable or not that is as my dogs and cat took care of the escapees before I had chance to do anything about it.
Can he borrow your animals for the weekend ? :lol2:

#3 ·
I had a major cricket escape not so long ago and was told after that flee stuff is one of the only things that kills them quickly. Not sure how reliable or not that is as my dogs and cat took care of the escapees before I had chance to do anything about it.

#4 ·
ive used ardap in the garage to spray the vivs and the floor outside and around the vivs.....for about 3 weeks i keep finding huge dead spiders dotted around and the odd beetle so to be honest id say that the crickets days are numbered!!

#7 ·
Yes, ARDAP will kill escapee crickets, particularly if you treated doorways and along the skirting boards where they're likely to be running about.

A local shop we know of doesn't treat vivs containing lizards with ARDAP - and doesn't move lizards into treated vivs for six weeks - because the crickets will die even that long afterwards.

#8 ·
Yes, ARDAP will kill escapee crickets, particularly if you treated doorways and along the skirting boards where they're likely to be running about.

A local shop we know of doesn't treat vivs containing lizards with ARDAP - and doesn't move lizards into treated vivs for six weeks - because the crickets will die even that long afterwards.

Super in that case I think ill advise him to get some.
There is nothing worse than sitting down to watch tv and having jimny cricket perched on the top of your head, trying to get a better view of the tv LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.