Reptile Forums banner

royal advice help

348 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SnakingSprout 
#1 ·
right here goes, i have been offered a royal python from a contractor that comes into my work place,it was one he rescued from a call out at a warehouse he has had it for a few yrs now but cant really keep it, ive only seen pics of it and he has told me its about 6ft in length and about the thickness of a can of coke down the length of its body, the only confusing thing is that a friend of his has told him its a male without probing it i didnt think males would get that big any advice on what it may well be would be great thanks

#2 ·
If you have room and want another royal then go for it.
As for size, females are often bigger but you do get the odd massive male, my current biggest male is 2.3kg so not small at all. Have it probed by someone local like a good rep shop if you want a particular sex.

#3 ·
Doesn't sound royal to me, would've thought a snake that size would be quite a bit thicker, and yeh i didnt think that a male could get so big...hmm, but yeh loads of experienced people on here so they'll tell you what you need to know. :)

p.s. didnt think you could tell without probing/popping

#5 ·
yeah i have the room just wondered if it could be a male cause never heard a male getting that big before

#6 ·
With hatchling royals the spurs are sometimes completely visible without any coaxing, but I don't know about this with adults...

I expect a very well fed Royal may reach that size, but its a rarity :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.