Reptile Forums banner

Some pics retcs,afrocks,conda,burm,papa olive.

1K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Freeman 
#1 ·
Was doing a clean out yesterday and thought i'd take some pics of some of my snakies.

shes having a really bad shed so is looking abit crap

Here's a bonus picture lol

See less See more
#4 ·
thanks mate :)

Awesome animals mate! Shame about the blurring :( if you change the shutter speed on the camera to a faster setting, it should reduce or eliminate the blur when the little blighters won't sit still... (I really want to see that Papuan in more detail!)

Those Afrocks keep getting better and better don't they?! The face still looks just like a Royal to me... Never see any Indian rocks about, which is a shame, such awesome beasts, like a burm but nicer!

Princess is looking awesome too, very ;light colour for a green!
cheers mate, i'll try get some better pictures of that papuan for you shes a little dark at the moment she changes colour from dark brown to a bright green which is a weird thing these snakes do. i love the afrocks nearly as much a i love retics lol yeah can see a little royalness in the face :lol2: princess looks really bright sometimes then goes dark shes a weird one aswell lol got offerd a pair of indian rocks a while ago but have not really got the room.

#3 ·
Awesome animals mate! Shame about the blurring :( if you change the shutter speed on the camera to a faster setting, it should reduce or eliminate the blur when the little blighters won't sit still... (I really want to see that Papuan in more detail!)

Those Afrocks keep getting better and better don't they?! The face still looks just like a Royal to me... Never see any Indian rocks about, which is a shame, such awesome beasts, like a burm but nicer!

Princess is looking awesome too, very ;light colour for a green!

#6 ·
Very nice :notworthy:

Your dog looks a tad confused though :lol2:

#16 ·
nice collection there ryan!, all looking great especially the green annie and the olive!

#17 ·
steve d

to primal urges i agree not enough indians about anymore ive got one picture of my adult breeding pair that i sold on my profile ive not seen anymore adults on here there must be some about coz i sold a lot of young around the london area and the norfolk area i sold over 80 in total when i sold the adults the new owner also bred them.

#20 ·
There seems to be a lot of talk recently about rocks, african or indian. Its mad on here things come in waves, it was all anaconda madness not long ago.

I can understand if this sounds wrong as Ive never owned any but arent afrocks like bitey, skinny burms? If that is the case why not just get a burm and its less training and bites. Although Im not saying all burms are angels as mine hisses all the time, just doesnt seem to bite out. Mind you I do use hooks anyway.

#21 ·
There seems to be a lot of talk recently about rocks, african or indian. Its mad on here things come in waves, it was all anaconda madness not long ago.

I can understand if this sounds wrong as Ive never owned any but arent afrocks like bitey, skinny burms? If that is the case why not just get a burm and its less training and bites. Although Im not saying all burms are angels as mine hisses all the time, just doesnt seem to bite out. Mind you I do use hooks anyway.
Nah african rocks are nothing like burmese pythons i would say they act mor liek reticulated pythons as in there alertness,activeness. rocks can be defensive but with enough work can calm downb my biggest female is coming up to 8ft and shes soft as muck my other female has the temperment you would expect in her viv but when i handle her shes good as gold. my male is a nice one to handle aswell but can be defensive in his viv. i don't get what you mean by get a burm the species is totally different and imo are a much more interested species to keep then a burmese

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.