Reptile Forums banner

David Attembrough - Life

3K views 62 replies 35 participants last post by  fergie 
#1 ·
This week is about Reptiles....

Garter snakes in Canada. How they survive. Genius!

If a males comes out of the snow late, meaning other males have had time to get some sun and warm up so they can be first to the females, the male that is late coming out gives off a females sent. So now with this females sent, al the other males come over and try to mate, giving heat the the male that is cold!

:flrt:

#62 ·
I missed the first one so cant comment.

I was slightly disappointed by last night episode though.

It seemed to be a load of clips thrown together with not an awful lot of info, I'd have preffered it if it had been more about one or two species in more detail rather than a mish mash of loads of species.

I have seen that footage of the bullfrog digging a channel elsewhere before too.

#63 ·
I missed the first one so cant comment.

I was slightly disappointed by last night episode though.

It seemed to be a load of clips thrown together with not an awful lot of info, I'd have preffered it if it had been more about one or two species in more detail rather than a mish mash of loads of species.

I have seen that footage of the bullfrog digging a channel elsewhere before too.
I think the point of the episode was to show the different survival techniques of reptiles and amphibs from one end of the spectrum to the other. Of which I think they achieved very well, from Pygmy Geckos to Komodo Dragons, although the Bullfrog footage is old hat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.