Corn Snakes - Housing Together?? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Default Corn Snakes - Housing Together??

I am new to snakes as I'm really a beardie fan and have just purchased some stunning cornsnakes from different places. My question is could I put these together as one is 12 weeks old and the other is a Dec baby. Would they be ok together in a viv? I am aware they have to be fed seperately but more concerned with day to day living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Ultra Citizen

as long as they both roughly the same sikze it should be ok.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Premier Member

They shouldn't be in a viv at that age, they should be in a small hatchling tub, like this one:

Once they are ready to go into a viv it's best to house them alone. Snakes don't need or like company and housing together can cause problems. I have housed them together in the past but one always seems to dominate or bully the other. This can cause feeding and shedding problems. If one geths ill then you're sure to have two ill snakes and not just one. Plus there is a chance they may fight or try eating each other.

Some people do house corns together and I'm fine with that, but in my opinion it is best to house them alone.

Invert rescue: [email protected]
I am a huge fan of bacon!
If you hate the Hull based reptile rescue as much as I do, then I know we will get on like 'an Ant on fire. . .'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Postaholic Member
Send a message via MSN to snakelover Send a message via Yahoo to snakelover

omg, ANOTHER one of these threads, seriously we must have around 20 a month, just in snakes.

Also i am interested in adult Green Tree Pythons, Amazon Basins, Emerald Tree Boas, Tree Monitors, Fiji Iguana and similar...
Old 08-07-2007, 11:48 AM

i think you've made a mistake asking that on here my friend! some people are very quick to jump on their high horse... but you'll see for yourself!!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Forum Citizen

I house mine together and have no problems.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cep301818 View Post
I house mine together and have no problems.

yeh thats fair enough, but we shouldnt really be telling people oh yeh house them together theyll be fine..when there are risks..

Old 08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty__=) View Post
yeh thats fair enough, but we shouldnt really be telling people oh yeh house them together theyll be fine..when there are risks..
Im not saying yh put them together Im saying I have no problems with mine housed together but mine are adults. should of mention that in the first reply

Last edited by cep301818; 08-07-2007 at 12:19 PM..
Old 08-07-2007, 12:17 PM
No Life Member

If you house two together and there is a prob u wont know which snake is ill. And an adult viv can be too big for a hatchling, and they can escape out of them very easily. but if you have to house them in the viv, make sure there are loads of hides abd that they vents and glass is very secure.

I house two of my female corns together, but as a starter to snakes your prob better off houseing them appart, till they are bigger.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubuss View Post
They shouldn't be in a viv at that age, they should be in a small hatchling tub, like this one:

Once they are ready to go into a viv it's best to house them alone. Snakes don't need or like company and housing together can cause problems. I have housed them together in the past but one always seems to dominate or bully the other. This can cause feeding and shedding problems. If one geths ill then you're sure to have two ill snakes and not just one. Plus there is a chance they may fight or try eating each other.

Some people do house corns together and I'm fine with that, but in my opinion it is best to house them alone.

WOw did you get that tub from some steak, and the bottol hide from steroidds

joing but really did you get the tub from a piece of steak?