Reptile Forums banner

STORM! white retic.. FTAO monkeymagic

3K views 60 replies 22 participants last post by  Omerov1986 
#1 ·
as promised martin, heres a couple of pics of storm. blizzrd wasnt in the mood lol!

this is his feeding viv. a bit dirty at the moment but he doesnt seem that arsed:lol2:

and in his hide

hes about 1 1/2ft shorter than blizzard at around 8ft now. i will get new pics of blizzard when shes in a better mood.:2thumb:

See less See more
#5 ·
thanks stew:2thumb: made up with a comment like that from you:2thumb:

awosmme retics :D thought u sold em?
just couldnt do it mate

FIT snake buddy! Can't wait til my first giant! :no1:
thanks, cant wait to breed them. blizzard is a fair bit thicker than storm now. they are funny eaters for retics. one week storm will eat a couple of rats and blizzard wont, the next he wont and she will eat a couple of ginnys!! they are as soft as anything aswell.

#6 ·
just got a couple of Blizzard. she pushed storm out of the hide:lol2: had her out and measured her. shes 10ft 2". shes slim but very strong. reminds me of honey in away as she has her mood swings.

got a bit of a dirty nose on this one

#12 ·
the temprament on them is amazing. blizzard can be narky when you want to move after a big meal but thats normal and storm will strike at anything that goes past his feeding viv and again that is normal. they show no aggression whats so ever at any other time:no1: id trust them to be handled by kids with supervision for sure:2thumb:

absolutly stunning mate. x
thanks shonny:2thumb:

#14 ·
They are stunning. There a fair bit bigger now than when I saw them :mf_dribble:

#20 ·
that last pic is brilliant!! the only problem i have with storm and blizzard is the blizzard wont eat in a rub. storm does but she will only eat in the viv. i really dont like feeding them in a viv but with her it doesnt change her temp thank god:lol2:.

#21 ·
I feed both mine in the viv, and have never had any problems feeding response wise (apart from last week when my baby missed the rat and flew straight over onto my hand :lol2: I need some longer tongs!)... They seem to be able to recognise the difference between me and food. Also i don't hook train, just open the viv, make them aware I am there, give them a stroke and carry on with business. I find you can be a bit heavy handed inadvertantly with the hook which could end up pissing them off...

#22 ·
totally agree. these 2 dont like the hook either. storm strike feeds where as blizzard will take it off the floor. shes so gentle about it aswell. iv fed her by hand before now and she just came over and took the rat really slowly. im going to seperate them in the next few weeks. i want to bred them but im not sure if its a good idea until they are abit bigger. both are 07's but i havnt fed them huge amounts as i wanted them to be strong looking rather than fat buggers like my burms:lol2: i think i will wait till next year with these 2. plus i need more knowledge on the breeding of them

couldnt resist another pic

#25 ·
totally agree. these 2 dont like the hook either. storm strike feeds where as blizzard will take it off the floor. shes so gentle about it aswell. iv fed her by hand before now and she just came over and took the rat really slowly. im going to seperate them in the next few weeks. i want to bred them but im not sure if its a good idea until they are abit bigger. both are 07's but i havnt fed them huge amounts as i wanted them to be strong looking rather than fat buggers like my burms:lol2: i think i will wait till next year with these 2. plus i need more knowledge on the breeding of them

couldnt resist another pic
I have hand fed Winston before, and he did the same, slowly approached and then gently took the rat out of my hand, it was quite sweet actually! They are probably a bit young to be breeding at that age, but I'm sure they will both be ready to go in a year or two... And yeah I totally agree, Retics look so much better when they are nice and lean, it looks so unnatural when they are big fat slugs :(

#23 ·
will all u retics guys stop posting pics - I am becoming a fan but don't have the space or nerve to get one - so stop it as you are getting me addicted to them

#24 ·
defo wait till next year, they are stunning!! my female yellow head will eat in her viv and the male will eat in a rub so thats ok but the food needs to be left in with them, there both WC and dont seem to strike feed, which ok with me as they both eat from the floor.

#29 ·
That depends what you consider big though doesn't it? ;) They start off tiny and grow pretty slowly (compared to other Retics) this is my girl aged about 3 months old... Terrifying isn't she!

yeah i think next year or the next is probally best. i think its amazing how the temp of them has changed so much over the last 20 years or so.
Just goes to show the difference between WC and CB... My CF boy is a bit more nervous than my CB girl (off Swaine) who will crawl onto my hand as soon as I open her viv... She is the tamest little thing :flrt:

#30 ·
For me, big is bigger than a full grown boa
that 3 month old one is terrifying LOL.
For me size has to be a consideration as the wife won't help me with a snake that big and have no snakey friends that close to me to help out.

#40 ·
Lefty your 2 retics are Stunning

My Dwarf Male Retic is full grown at 7 foot or just under, Iv had a male boa the same size as him before, and seen female boas alot larger

Thing is with retics people powerfeed them and they end up monsters :bash:

#34 ·
stunning lefty,, all my big snakes come from stew top bloke and willing to help out all the time, just my thought on the breeding side of things tbh i reckon the female will need a couple more years as yet need to be at least 13-14ft aswell and have good waight on her wilst they are cooled and breed as the female wont eat till after shes laid the eggs and that takes up alot of her energy and energy burns waight etc etc, i would be feeding her up so she is perfect in 2 years time...

#35 ·
thanks for that bexy:no1:. all advice welcome!! these 2 came from monkey magic earlier this year. you can remember how long i was looking for the right retic. i think i got the right snakes for me:no1:. they are a very close second too my burms:whistling2:

#38 ·
i cant say the price without monkey magics ok but i got an absolute bargain. i couldnt beleive how tame they were when i went too pick them up. worth every mile of the trip from manchester to southend on sea:no1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.