Reptile Forums banner

the most you would pay for a snake???

5K views 144 replies 85 participants last post by  bluejon91 
#1 ·
So we have all seen posts that say omg this cost £20,000 but isn't it gorgeous: but what is the MOST you would pay for any given snake?
Do you feel that the morphs are too costly for your bank balance?
Do you prefer the normals anyway?
Please understand that I am not saying that people are overcharging for morphs, I appreciate how much work/money goes into producing them, rather I am asking is it worth £x amount to you personally or could you not justify that amount on one snake?

I personally have never paid over £75 for a snake, but then I do not have any mad morphs.
I reckon the most I'd ever pay for a snake would be around £100.
I personally prefer the normals of most snakes, though I think that the kahl line albino Boas are gorgeous I could never justify the £500 + for one, especially when I need to redecorate the bathroom, bedroom,kitchen etc

What are your thoughts? :2thumb:

#9 ·
fair enough

I would not pay over £100 for a snake, although there are many i would love to own, i know my money is needed elsewhere. Keeping my collection to kings and milks, always been my favourites and thankfully most are well within my budget.
same here, money needed else where.
And the Oh may well kill me if I were to bring home a snake and say "here isn't it pretty, and it only cost half of the mortgage on the flat!" :whistling2:

#3 ·
Well for lizards i have spent alot, but for snakes the most i have payed so far is £50, though i am looking at getting an albino royal python, but i wouldnt for years yet as they cost so much, i agree they cost so much that it is unreal.

If it was a morph i realy love, then i would think about it, but otherwise i wouldnt spend anything over £100, i mean the enclosures cost enough if brand new, i spent nearly £300 last year on enclosures for 1 leopard gecko and 2 snakes! though they are top of the range and have alopt of decor, i would rather have a pretty normal and kit out its enclosure than have an expensive top of the range morph in a plastic box, but thats me : victory:

#8 ·
, i mean the enclosures cost enough if brand new, i spent nearly £300 last year on enclosures for 1 leopard gecko and 2 snakes! though they are top of the range and have alopt of decor, i would rather have a pretty normal and kit out its enclosure than have an expensive top of the range morph in a plastic box, but thats me : victory:
i know, the set ups cost more than my snakes! :lol2:

Obviously you aren't into snakes that much if the bathroom, bedroom,kitchen etc comes first.....:whistling2::lol2:
Ah but they really really really need doing, so they have to come first!

I suppose the snakes are coming first though, cos I keep putting the decorating off to by more snakes!

#5 ·
hmmm. I dont really like a lot of the morphs, tho I do admire some of their beauty.

What would I pay? depends on the species I suppose, but given the species that I am hoping to gain this year (corn and royal), most I would pay for Corn would be £30 and £50 for the royal.

However I would happily pay £80 for a nice Leo Morph!

#7 ·
Id pay as much as I could afford if it was a snake I wanted. People spend thousands on there pet dogs that live 10-15 years, why not spend the same on a beautiful snake that will live up to 30 years.

#72 ·
Indeed!

I wouldn't spend more than a couple of hundred for a pet (except for one exception......Aspidites melanocephalus - I would spend whatever I could afford...just gotta be able to afford it!

However, I've always wanted a sunglow so I got one for free.........well, took a small initial investment (2K on an adult female Kahl) but ended up with an albino adult female and an '09 male sunglow (and a couple of other bits) after making the original price of the female (and necessary male that I already had) with the rest of the litter....

..best bit is that that was just the first litter. I still have all the machinary required to make more next year....and a couple of years after that etc etc....

:2thumb:

Cheers

Andy

#18 ·
400 max.and thats only if im feeling plush!

#20 ·
id go up to say £1000 if it was exactly what i was looking for, most i have spent so far is £500 x

#23 ·
The most I've paid so far is £125 for my Royal (pastel). I'm about to spend a couple of hundred more on a Pinstripe royal.

There are a couple of other Royal morphs I want because they're sooo pretty and I know they'll both cost me about £600 each. I should be a bit more flush later in the year and I'll buy them when I have the cash so I guess the answer is...I'd pay up to about £600 for the right snake :2thumb:. xxx

#27 ·
Most ive spent is £2500 but im hoping to breed this snake and make a little back but I have spent money on pieds etc just because I love the look of them.

#30 ·
The OH would probably convince me into sinking a few hundred into a reptile xD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.