Reptile Forums banner

convincing my misus

926 views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Gaza Whitehouse 
#1 ·
right, this may be a wierd one guys.

my misus dont like snakes, but i managed to convince her to let me get my corn. (thru many arguments about how i pay for em etc, so i get the choice whether i can get one)

my misus says im allowed corn snakes coz she is beginning to like my corn, and regularly handles it.

but she will not let me get any other snake.

she says she isnt scared of em, she just doesnt want em on the units (where my corns rub is) but there is no other place to put it.

she also said that she isnt fussed about how long they are, its just the girth that she hates, she dont like to see real thick bodied snakes.

but i really really want a boa constrictor or a ball python. in the near future.

how can i convince her to let me get one? better still, convince her to let me get any snake i want without her nagging?

thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
:lol: she threatens to kick me out the house if i do get a bigger snake, which really sucks. the fact that i pay the bills and buy the food, has no concept to her, and doesnt rightfully make the house half mine. so the threat to kick me out cant be said, she dont think about all that

#5 ·
re

i used to have the same problem with the wife but then i just got the stage were i woukld buy them and just forget to tell her about them, but as i have sold most of my collection now and only keep Burms, i would find it hard to hide them:lol2: Seriously tho mate, show her a few pics of baby royals and she will see that they are small, and with them havin a slow growth rate you can just blag her sayin that you did not know that they get a girth on them but honestly they are not big if you go for a male

#7 ·
i used to have the same problem with the wife but then i just got the stage were i woukld buy them and just forget to tell her about them, but as i have sold most of my collection now and only keep Burms, i would find it hard to hide them:lol2: Seriously tho mate, show her a few pics of baby royals and she will see that they are small, and with them havin a slow growth rate you can just blag her sayin that you did not know that they get a girth on them but honestly they are not big if you go for a male
hmm thats an idea mate, but the only problem with telling her they dont grow big in girth, she will just look it up on the internet. coz she knows i really want a bigger snake

#9 ·
how can i convince her to let me get one? better still, convince her to let me get any snake i want without her nagging?
Do what I do... They start nagging, get rid of em... LOL

Seriously, I have walked out of relationships for stuff like that... If a woman does not want me and my reptiles, she does not really want ME... Thats how I see it...

#11 ·
but i really really want a boa constrictor or a ball python. in the near future.

how can i convince her to let me get one?
Negotiate.

What do you tell her no about? What would you really prefer not to do, or buy, or have in the house?

Give and take; if you want something she doesn't like and is frightened of, you'd best be prepared to give her things that you're not overly keen of giving.

The other half is compromise.

Want a boa or a python? Why not get something like a Crawl Cay dwarf boa or a spotted python - smaller, lighter, slender - which might not be as scary for her. An adult spotted python is all python - but not much thicker than a corn.

better still, convince her to let me get any snake i want without her nagging?
If she doesn't like snakes, this is probably unrealistic in the relationship you're in. Heck, I live with someone who loves reptiles as much as I do, and I still can't just go out and buy any snake I want. Both of us have to agree to any purchase.

:lol: she threatens to kick me out the house if i do get a bigger snake, which really sucks. the fact that i pay the bills and buy the food, has no concept to her, and doesnt rightfully make the house half mine. so the threat to kick me out cant be said, she dont think about all that
Of course she can threaten to kick you out if the deed or rent agreement is in her name and her name alone. Paying the bills doesn't mean you have a half share, believe me... otherwise it wouldn't have been so darn EXPENSIVE to get my ex-hubby taken off the deeds and my fiancé put on 'em!

And if she didn't know - going into the relationship with you - that you love all these weird and wonderful creatures and want to fill the house with them... you can hardly blame her for being a bit worried now. If she did know, of course, then you may have to make a decision between "having the snakes you want" and "having this particular other half."

#14 ·
Negotiate.

What do you tell her no about? What would you really prefer not to do, or buy, or have in the house?

Give and take; if you want something she doesn't like and is frightened of, you'd best be prepared to give her things that you're not overly keen of giving.

The other half is compromise.

Want a boa or a python? Why not get something like a Crawl Cay dwarf boa or a spotted python - smaller, lighter, slender - which might not be as scary for her. An adult spotted python is all python - but not much thicker than a corn.

If she doesn't like snakes, this is probably unrealistic in the relationship you're in. Heck, I live with someone who loves reptiles as much as I do, and I still can't just go out and buy any snake I want. Both of us have to agree to any purchase.

Of course she can threaten to kick you out if the deed or rent agreement is in her name and her name alone. Paying the bills doesn't mean you have a half share, believe me... otherwise it wouldn't have been so darn EXPENSIVE to get my ex-hubby taken off the deeds and my fiancé put on 'em!

And if she didn't know - going into the relationship with you - that you love all these weird and wonderful creatures and want to fill the house with them... you can hardly blame her for being a bit worried now. If she did know, of course, then you may have to make a decision between "having the snakes you want" and "having this particular other half."
^^^^^ this :)
Ssthisto ... u always talk sense, i could do with u to come and sort my life out sometimes lol xxxxxxxxx

#15 ·
At the end of the day if you like Reps and its not a whim then do what you gotta do!

I usually just buy the snake then say im selling it on for more money and never move it on!

Ive recently had to sell about 10 snakes in my collection because i got made redundent from work but i told our woman, when i am working again (hopefully in the not too distant future) she is not having a new washing machine i am having a Bredls python!:no1:

#17 ·
putting aside the sexual inudenos about your misus and your snake....
take her to a few rep shops get her to hold the larger snakes...maybe she wont mind thme so much if she sees how lazy royals are!

#18 ·
have a pokemon battle? who ever wins gets to choose....

...or play with her mind.....you know like when shes asleep poke her in the eye then pretend to be asleep....add laxatives to her food...add tablets that cause her to lactate. ....replace her shoes with ones that are a size smaller. ....rub her underwear through itching powder berries.....replace her facial wipes with toilet cleaning wipes

ya no,,,,,just fun stuff like that: victory:

#20 ·
have a pokemon battle? who ever wins gets to choose....

...or play with her mind.....you know like when shes asleep poke her in the eye then pretend to be asleep....add laxatives to her food...add tablets that cause her to lactate. ....replace her shoes with ones that are a size smaller. ....rub her underwear through itching powder berries.....replace her facial wipes with toilet cleaning wipes

ya no,,,,,just fun stuff like that: victory:
:2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb::2thumb:

#19 ·
I don't understand how she wont let you? If you are an adult then you shouldn't have to get permission. Have you told her she 's not allowed new shoes or whatever? A relationship should be about compromise and respect. My husband really wants a burm or a retic but I would rather we wait until the kids are bigger and we have more experience. So thats what we've agreed. And I've given up hope of having any frogs in the house as they freak him out. But it wasn't that he won't let me have them and I won't let him. At the end of the day if he came home with a retic I would be a little upset that he'd disregarded the conversations we've had but it's a snake and I'd get over it. I wouldn't chuck him out as I love him. And I know he would eventaully get over the frogs. I think she needs to stop being a control freak. If she was frightened then fair enough but sounds like shes just being a pain.:bash:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.