Reptile Forums banner

Introducing Lucy

961 views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  pam b 
#1 ·
Many of you know me from off topic or over 18's but i dont suppose for the life of you that you know what i keep.
Well appart from the Boas and a couple of Corns i am the proud owner of Lucy, shes our 16-17 ft Burmese and is pictured here with my 13 year old daughter.

See less See more
#6 ·
Mainly inane waffle in off topic or over 18's, although i am a rep keeper i dont tend to post these days in those sections.

#10 ·
hehehe you've seen many a photo of Lucy though Lee.: victory:

Yes, i'll tell you more about her, she's now around 12 years old and we have owned her for the past 5 years, she came to us as a 13ft girlie, and feeds on giant bunnys.

As with most burms she has a lovely temperament and can even be handeled by our 13 year old (supervised naturally by 2 adults), but has the typical burmese habit of being abit of a witch when hungry :lol2:

Handel with care around feeding time, throw bunny in, light blue touch paper and stand well back.:lol2:

#11 ·
more of a clue as to her size, here she is with size 16 me.

#15 ·
What can I say........
oh yea......
Beautiful burm!!
:no1::no1::no1:

#16 ·
Wow, beutifull, Burms are next on our list but have to wait for a larger house, hopefully in the next 2 years.. What size viv she in out of curiosity?

#18 ·
TBH we are going to be moving her up a viv size as she now getting very cramped, she's in a 7(and abit)x4x3, Burmese are very lazy but we are gonna move her upto (after a room reshuffle) a 10ft viv. She comes out for excercise though (for a stretch out ect) or we'd have moved her up sooner.:icon_redface:
But yeah come the next couple of months she will get a new house.

Burmese mentality
Eat,
Sleep,
Shit,
Repeat.:lol2:

#19 ·
she's beautiful and a credit to you :no1:. good to see a thread that emphasises to people thinking of getting a burm just how big they get and the size of viv they will eventually need! may stop a few from being impulse bought and later being rehomed. ive looked at normal burm babies in shops they are so adorable and my dream snake but i know that i just havn't the room so they stay where they are :(

#24 ·
Yes unfortunately people do tend not to understand the size thing, its like the figure they can reach just flys over there head, i see it with the childrens friends, you say to them about a 17ft snake and they say oh wow, thats big, but when they meet her go OMG i didnt think THAT BIG, mmmmmmmmm 17ft is 17ft in anybodys language.:lol2:

Thanks for all the lovely comments folks, i will tell Lucy tonight, she's got a big enough head as it is, my betting is it will swell even more.:razz:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.