Reptile Forums banner

So angry!

2K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  lizardlover 
#1 ·
Well I went to work on sun (reptile shop) and some guy started up a convo about his corn and royal and how they live 2getha! By all accounts from a shop somewhere in ledbury where they were told they will quite happily live together....and despite me throwing every reason about why they SHOULD NOT b housed together, the bloke point blank refused to listen to me or to change his set ups.....Im sooooo frustrated!!

#12 ·
Heh! they're rarely right! Loved working in Staples and love working in this Gym, but most of the people are right so and so's when trying to give them advice or helping them!

u did all u could. let him learn the hard way. although i do feel sorry for the smaller snake
Don't we all :(

It really annoys me when people say 'well, they are happy'. How do they know? Did they ask them and get a reply? They tollorate it at the most, and that's only because they have no choice. It's like forcing a man or woman live in a swamp, they wom't like it, but they will have no choice.
Obviously they don't know they say they do but they don't!

#6 ·
What an idiot! Doest he realise that they are from different parts of the world and have different habitat requirements? I would have slapped him into listening.

#9 ·
I told him that exactly and his exact reply was "well the r both happy so im not gona change it!!!" I argued my point all I could but save for losing my job (which I really cant afford to do) I had to refrain myself from goin further

#8 · (Edited)
someone who found a rat snake in the street says "I tried to feed him. I gave a pice of beaf. Why he doesn't eat it?".

someone who keeps a snake in pre-shedding mood says " why he don't eat? What's wrong with him?"

someone who bought his first royal python tried to feed a frozen mouse and says "why he doesn't eat??? "

someone who keeps a corn snake in a bird cage and has been escaped and says " I did locked the door!"

someone who wants to take a walk with his snake says " can I have a lead?"

Varied (ignorant) people visit rep shops.

#15 ·
the is a rep shop in SE7 that keeps different kinds or frep together, snakes and other thing, ldiffernt lizards. chams and frogs and torts!

What they are saying to the general public that go in there is " its ok to kepe them together" NO ITS NOT!!!!!!!!! i know in the wild soem of these reps live in the same area, but they know not to go to near each other!

But as i think has been said you cant tell the owner how to run his shop if he aint gonan listen!

complete and utter pr*ts some people

Rant over lol!

#16 ·
Lots of people don't read about the animals they keep before they take them on Nat.

Lots of people say "They seem happy enough" and leave it until the snake gets ill, dies or gets eaten. Oh look it's so happy it's curled itself into a circle so it can do cartwheels of joy.

Lots of people are just plain dumb.

#17 ·
All you can do is pass on your knowledge and hope they take it in.... I can understand how frustrating it must be but in the future when that guy ends up with one very fat snake or two dead snakes maybe he will think about what you said to him and think " hmm maybe il actually read up on how these animals are looked after before buying any more on impulse".... probaly not but all you can do is try : victory:

#18 ·
It's really frustrating, we get people in the shop like that now and again, think they know best, or have the wrong information, and simply will not listen, because their way is easier, they refuse to listen... and it's just so frustrating to know about animals you know are going to suffer and you can do absolutely nothing about it.

#20 ·
I can only imagine that as a shop owner it must be so much worse. I bet you get people that come in to buy reptiles that agree to your methods of looking after them but you get a sense that they will ignore everything you have said as soon as they leave the shop?

#21 ·
He may not have appeared to have been listening but very well could have been sdespite what he was saying.
Many people like that will deny the fact that anyone else is right but secretly admit it.

You neve know he might have gone home and changed the way hes keeping them.
people often feel embarrassed to admit theyre wrong in present company.

However its always less likely that that will happen than him not listening.

If he wont listen you couldve easily gotten a superior to tell him that he was wrong.

#22 ·
As a novice with snakes I always listen to what people have to say as all information is useful. I usualy go with the majority but take into consideration what the minority say just in case find myself being asked about something, I can then offer both sets of information.

#31 ·
Dont see that anyone was arguing - I just said i had not see it and ST said he did not see it last time he was in there.

Thats if we are talking about the same place!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.